10/22 Tinkering

Discuss .22 Rifles.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:52 am

Right KAZ, we got to get the Greener into shooting the better grade of ammo. He did shoot 10 rounds in my Tundra stocked GM barrel gun when we did our visit earlier this year. Amazingly CCI Blazer does shoot well in most of my guns, in either the stock or aftermarket barrels. CCI Standard is also a know decent shooter ammo. Had The Ruger barrel on my 10/22T recrowned the other day as I did not like some of the marks around the bore, not sure yet if it did make it any better or worse. Needs some more shooting and looking at old targets for comparison. Got to order some more SK Plus soon.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:01 pm

Nice upgrade dad.....now I'm gonna have to get me one of those 10-22's to go with my savage....or maybe a new stock for the savage, or........ :roll:

greener

Post by greener » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:26 pm

Target stock for the Savage?

I don't see much target ammo other than win or cci around here. Will probably have to order some. Has anyone used the Aguila/Centurion from CMP?

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:08 am

greener wrote:Target stock for the Savage?

I don't see much target ammo other than win or cci around here. Will probably have to order some. Has anyone used the Aguila/Centurion from CMP?
well, you did "customise it" when it got left on the bumper of your truck and it got dragged 2 miles or so.....(hung by the handle of the soft case) so it ain't pretty but she shoots well.

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:09 am

bgreenea3 wrote:

well, you did "customise it" when it got left on the bumper of your truck and it got dragged 2 miles or so.....(hung by the handle of the soft case) so it ain't pretty but she shoots well.
so that is how the elder Greener does hios stock work, eh? A little crude but if it gets the job done and he is happt, all is good.
Target quality ammo is not redily availabe at most shops, usually has to be ordered. A good source is Champion Shooters Supply, good selection, good prices and quick delivery. Wolf MT or SK Styandard Plus to your door about $50.00/a brick

greener

Post by greener » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:34 am

bearandoldman wrote:
bgreenea3 wrote:

so that is how the elder Greener does hios stock work, eh? A little crude but if it gets the job done and he is happt, all is good.
Target quality ammo is not redily availabe at most shops, usually has to be ordered. A good source is Champion Shooters Supply, good selection, good prices and quick delivery. Wolf MT or SK Styandard Plus to your door about $50.00/a brick
Did a fair job of sanding down one edge of the butt. I take full responsibility for the act, no matter who put his gear away. :lol:

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:45 am

Still finkering with the savage, it shoots well but I think it can shoot weller.

greener

Post by greener » Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:22 pm

bearandoldman wrote:
bgreenea3 wrote:

May have to give them a look. The 10/22 seems to like Wolf MT and it's ~$65/brick around here.

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:22 pm

THOSE ARE GREAT 50 YD GROUPS ...... THE T22 AND WOLF M/T ARE WINNERS. ELEY SPORT LOOKED GOOD TOO.

greener

Post by greener » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:01 pm

Stayed with CCI and Wolf MT. Still haven't done anything with the trigger, but we are getting better.

I could get hooked on shooting these things.