YEHAA!

Discuss .22 Rifles.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Tigerbeetle
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

YEHAA!

Post by Tigerbeetle » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:05 pm

I went bonkers this past Sunday. My wife is going to shoot me, but I hope not with my new acquisitions. Due to the intense pressure of seeing all you fine folk running off to the local dealers and picking up great deals. I started perusing a couple and fell for the trap. So Saturday I went by one on my way to work at Bass Pro. There was a CZ 452-2E MKZ Silhouette on the shelf that I thought was new. But it had been traded in by a fellow wanting a better silhouette rifle. The trigger had been worked over and was really nice. No take up, 2 lb break and no overtravel. Sweet! $280. ummmmmm
Went on to work and got on the web when I got home on RFC and went to the CZ forum.. Asked if it was a good deal and had 3 guys wanting to know where it was if I didn't get it. I think that was a plot construed quickly to make me go buy it. I went by there Sunday and bought it. Wasn't a fan of black synthetic stocks, but it looks better all the time. Then I went on to Bass Pro and ordered my Savage MK IIg, which I had planned on getting anyway. My BH caught me bringing in the CZ. Now I have to figure out how to get the Savage in the house w/o her seeing it for at least a few weeks or so :roll:.
I am all excited to get scopes mounted and get to the range and see how they do. :D I guess I will have to part with my Mossy 44b to balance the bank book a little. :( TB
Work is for people who don't hunt, plink or fish. Now that I am retired, I hunt, plink and fish. Life is good.
Tigerbeetle

perazzi

Post by perazzi » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:46 pm

Wive's don't shoot husbands for that kind of stuff. They have more painful methods available. 8)

When I purchased my first Perazzi trapgun, She told me "After 30 years of marriage, She deserved better"... Cost me a 1.5 carat diamond.....

They have their ways.... :wink:

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:26 pm

Been there! Fortunately I don't have any other vices, so my bride usually gives me a pass. But not before I get an earful and totally reminded who's in charge. She's gotten used to it over the years but I still catch heck every now and then.

R,
Bullseye

Tigerbeetle
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Tigerbeetle » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:00 pm

My BH just shook her head. She loves me. I let her get lots of stuff. QVC is her favorite TV show. LoLs..

I haven't got a chance to shoot it yet, but I got the scope on the Savage. I ordered a scope for the CZ today. Maybe I can get them both to the range in a couple weeks. :D TB
Work is for people who don't hunt, plink or fish. Now that I am retired, I hunt, plink and fish. Life is good.
Tigerbeetle

Tigerbeetle
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Tigerbeetle » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:31 pm

I have had some fun over the past few weeks. I put the Fed Int. scope on the CZ and got a Simmons Master 6x21 44 mm side parallax and put it on the MKIIg. So far the CZ may have the upper hand on accuracy, but it had a trigger job done by the previous owner that is even better than the accutrigger on the MKIIg. I have decided the CZ will shoot most anything and never look back, where the Savage MKIIg does have a little bit more sensitive pallet.
Here are a few shots of my first range visit. There was a pretty stiff cross wind left to right at 10-15 gusting to 20 or better. A front was coming in and it got worse as the day went on.
The MKIIg:
Pardon the sideways picture, but imagine the wind blowing top to bottom. The real wind effect was the movement of the whole target stand in wind gusts. The zero was about .224 in.s to the right (down) The Fed AM was the better bullet.
And the CZ Silhouette: Image
This is what really made me smile. The CZ doesn't seem to have any dietary preferences or complaints. The Fed AM, Win SS, Fed Bulk, and even Fed 510B shot very well. This past Monday, Win 333 was shooting nearly as good as the AM, and the Win SS are excellent though the POI went an inch high and 5/16 in. left. Don't understand that.
In this last target, the AM and the Win SS were just both shooting the eyes out on the target. I can hardly wait for squirrel season.
And I was rolling the Ballistic foam gophers at 60 yards with absolutely no problem in between wind gusts. :D The Winchester HV in the big silver box was inconsistent in both rifles and will be used in the Henry for plinking. The Fed Lightning 510B is probably the next least consistent. I may eventually brake down and buy a box of the Remington Eley target and see what a real target round will do. But I am in "seconds" of squirrel right now and grinning big time. TB
Tigerbeetle