Need 10/22 help

Discuss .22 Rifles.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:41 pm

purchawk wrote:Nope, still waiting for Brownell's to get a restock of Green Mtn. 20" blued barrels.

Meanwhile, I traded in the 1969 model 10/22 for a new-in-the-box to build on. I put in the VQ target hammer (kept the Ruger hammer spring) and a new bolt lock, and it now has a very nice trigger--about 3 lbs.
Nice shooting, by the way, on the targets you've been posting.
Thanks for the compliment my friend. Sorry to hear your barrel is back ordered, I am sure you are anxious to try it out,I know I wold be. Have you shot this gun much, just to make sure everything is working before the barrel swap, them you will be able to isolate problems if any. You might try my bedding trick it is cheap and easy to do and you cans switch back easily. It makes my stock barrels shoot pretty good as you stated. Remember if you do this on the carbine, you will have to leave the barrel band off. Will be going out in a while to try the 4 digit carbine that way and will post some targets from that gun later. :?
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

purchawk

Post by purchawk » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:05 pm

I'm shooting this one just enough to know it works OK with the VG hammer, but I'm trading the Ruger barrel and stock back to my gun dealer in exchange for the target barrel and the Hogue stock, so I don't want to mess with it too much or put too many rounds through it .

Your bedding idea sounds good. I'll be interested to see how it works in the carbine.
Ruger Mark III (VQ trigger, extractor, and grips)
Ruger 10/22, Green Mtn. barrel, VQ hammer,
Hogue stock
Marlin 982VS .22 mag.
Mossberg 144 (club loaner)
H&R Ultra Varmint Rifle .223
Snub nose S&W Model 10 (M&P) revolver,.38 Special

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:54 pm

purchawk wrote:Nope, still waiting for Brownell's to get a restock of Green Mtn. 20" blued barrels.

Meanwhile, I traded in the 1969 model 10/22 for a new-in-the-box to build on. I put in the VQ target hammer (kept the Ruger hammer spring) and a new bolt lock, and it now has a very nice trigger--about 3 lbs.

I was tempted to just send the stock barrel to Nemohunter, but I've already paid for the Green Mtn. barrel, so I'm going to try it.

Nice shooting, by the way, on the targets you've been posting.
Did not keep any targets today, shot pretty much the same as it did the other day with the 4X scope on it, the 2.5-10 made little improvement. The white center is 5.8 or .625 inches diameter. Image
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.