cold trip to the range

Discuss .22 Rifles.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

cold trip to the range

Post by bearandoldman » Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:58 pm

Moses went to the range today with Bear and TAZ and I, TAZ did the serious shooting and Moses just shot about 5 round of bulk Fed at Paul the plastic prairie dog. Sitting with arm rested on bench and leaning against one of the posts that support the roof, he missed maybe 2 times is all. Fun day even in the barely above freezing air.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

greener

Post by greener » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:12 pm

Sounds like a good afternoon. Looks like the winter is beginning to set in up there: temperatures at or below freezing with a 40% chance of snow, every day. I don't suppose I'd get much sympathy if I told you I braved the 45° temperatures to go to the range today.

recumbent
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by recumbent » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:52 pm

I guess I'm the wuss, it was 34 here and I stayed home and fixed a drain...........
"I seek not to know all the answers, but to understand the questions."
- Kwai Chang Caine -

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:09 am

recumbent wrote:I guess I'm the wuss, it was 34 here and I stayed home and fixed a drain...........
Tough chice, but drains do haveto be fixed. Either you do it or hire it done, especially on Sundaay. Really you did not have much chice.

recumbent
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by recumbent » Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:41 pm

bearandoldman wrote:
recumbent wrote:I guess I'm the wuss, it was 34 here and I stayed home and fixed a drain...........
Tough chice, but drains do have to be fixed. Either you do it or hire it done, especially on Sunday. Really you did not have much chice.
Yea, you do what you gotta do !!! :D
"I seek not to know all the answers, but to understand the questions."
- Kwai Chang Caine -

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:58 pm

recumbent wrote:
bearandoldman wrote:
Tough chice, but drains do have to be fixed. Either you do it or hire it done, especially on Sunday. Really you did not have much chice.
Yea, you do what you gotta do !!! :D
Or you pay someone else to do it for you.

Tigerbeetle
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Prairie dawgs arrived

Post by Tigerbeetle » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:39 pm

USPS delivered them (my prairie dawgs) yesterday to my garage door. Put them together last night and can't wait for the weather to warm up. Not anytime soon, however, still supposed to go down to 14 or so for the next 2 or 3 nights, and then level out at 20 +/- 4. All the way up to 40 in the daytime. Maybe in a few weeks things will moderate a little bit. Haven't got names for them yet. Have to think on that for a bit. :) TB
Work is for people who don't hunt, plink or fish. Now that I am retired, I hunt, plink and fish. Life is good.
Tigerbeetle

bearandoldman

Re: Prairie dawgs arrived

Post by bearandoldman » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:37 pm

Tigerbeetle wrote:USPS delivered them (my prairie dawgs) yesterday to my garage door. Put them together last night and can't wait for the weather to warm up. Not anytime soon, however, still supposed to go down to 14 or so for the next 2 or 3 nights, and then level out at 20 +/- 4. All the way up to 40 in the daytime. Maybe in a few weeks things will moderate a little bit. Haven't got names for them yet. Have to think on that for a bit. :) TB
40 would be a fun shooting day for an hour or so. Grasuch, Chico and Harpo? Petre Paul and Mary? The Mowhawk soots fine, looking forward to day when we can take him out ro shot at Maxine, Lverge and Patti.