My New (to me) 40X

Discuss .22 Rifles.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

KAZ
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by KAZ » Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:16 pm

Are you saying he will sell you that accutrigger rifle for $185? What carbine are you referring to? As you are aware I have no problem selling off guns that I'm not shooting, no filling up the safe with non shooters. I've already sold that 572, made $100 on it.
Member Marine Corps League
Life Member National Rifle Association
Life Member Texas State Rifle Association

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:20 pm

That rifle looks like it shoots pretty good at 50yds. It's nice when you get to confirm that your stick can hold a nice tight group.

R,
Bullseye

greener

Post by greener » Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:22 am

Len,

My son has a Savage with Accutrigger. Pretty good shooting .22.

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:44 am

greener wrote:Len,

My son has a Savage with Accutrigger. Pretty good shooting .22.
I thought I remembered you mentioning that. The price is good and it is a left handed model to suit my need. Should sell off one of my 10/22's and buy it. Good one to sell would be that 4 digit carbine I pierced up at the old indoor range, some collector must be wanting that one.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

winshooter

Post by winshooter » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:50 pm

I'm a little late in joining this post it looks like but I have a couple of things to contribute. One is that you might find some interest on the RugerForum for your 10/22 if it has collector appeal or not. The other is to comment on Bil Calfee. I've followed his articles in the Precision Shooting Magazine for many years. Unfortunately I stopped the subscription some time ago so don't know if he's still publishing his articles. It was pretty apparent that he was highly opinionated and suffers no fools. But if your methods work you don't have to make excuses to anyone do you? His certainly do work and I would love to have one of his guns. In the mean time I'll stick with my M69, M75 and my "someday it will get here" Savage MK II.

Mike
"Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
Benjamin Franklin

Retired Navy 1966-2004
NRA Life Member
CRPA Member
SBR&GC Member

KAZ
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by KAZ » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:24 pm

Not to late at all winshooter, and Welcome to the forum. Yes, I understand things got a little out of hand on another forum so he now posts through others. What he goes through to select/fit a barrel still amazes me. I had no idea all the forces at work when even our little 22RF makes it's way down the tube. Nothing that you do with your MK II will surprise me, I still believe that the shooter is still the most important component. Regards
Member Marine Corps League
Life Member National Rifle Association
Life Member Texas State Rifle Association