Recommedations wanted please

Discuss .22 Rifles.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

smokey
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by smokey » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:51 pm

KAZ wrote:Chadflys, from your first post it seemed that you had already passed on the CZs as to expensive right now. Between the Savage and the CZ I would go with the CZ. This is my CZ American 16" threaded(for suppressor) that will shoot under 1/2" @50 yds with Remington Subsonic with a compact Burris 1.5X5. This standard barrel at 16" will shoot every bit as good as my CZ Varmint heavy barrel with big scope. As bearandoldman said barrels on any brand are luck of the draw. That said there are some great values on used Mossberg's that will out shoot many if you can find one that comes with a proof target. Have fun!
Aren't the Savage and the CZ about the same price? I'm kinda thinkin I may need a new one :lol:

Tigerbeetle
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Tigerbeetle » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:12 pm

Talked to a fellow last weekend at the range while I was shooting my Mossy 44B. He had a new Savage with the acu-trigger and bull barrel. Shooting little bitty groups at 50 yards with Eley. I felt pretty good... I was doing the same with my 70 year old Mossy and Win Xpert. :lol: TB.
Work is for people who don't hunt, plink or fish. Now that I am retired, I hunt, plink and fish. Life is good.
Tigerbeetle