bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:21 am

bearandoldman wrote:
bgreenea3 wrote:
Only the Greener could do that.
ask him what he did to my savage! :P
He polished the high spots on the stock down for you by dragging it down the road from the trailer hithcch. He sure is a helpful kind older gentleman, eh????????
Exactly, saved by the handle of the gun case... we only got 2-3 miles doown the road before someone waved us down! :oops:

she still shoots better than a lot of more expensive 22's though

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:22 am

bgreenea3 wrote:
bearandoldman wrote:
bgreenea3 wrote: ask him what he did to my savage! :P
He polished the high spots on the stock down for you by dragging it down the road from the trailer hithcch. He sure is a helpful kind older gentleman, eh????????
Exactly, saved by the handle of the gun case... we only got 2-3 miles doown the road before someone waved us down! :oops:

she still shoots better than a lot of more expensive 22's though
He was also running an abrasion test on your gun case and it passed barely.
My MarkIIGLL shoots great also, way better than most prople would expect for a 200 buck gun. Accutrigger set to minimum is really great also.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

greener

Post by greener » Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:35 am

Think how much better they would look with unruely's stars and stripes paint job.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:10 pm

greener wrote:Think how much better they would look with unruely's stars and stripes paint job.
Or perhaps "Day-glo" orange so it cannot be forgotten when loading into the car. :D

R,
Bullseye

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:36 pm

Bullseye wrote:
greener wrote:Think how much better they would look with unruely's stars and stripes paint job.
Or perhaps "Day-glo" orange so it cannot be forgotten when loading into the car. :D

R,
Bullseye
Now that makes sense to me, definitely no camo, too easily lost if set down in the wrong area. Maybe the Greener has problems, he is getting up in years you know. He has Mr Garmin in his car and I have Lola, we just hit home and it tells us how to get ther,sure is handy for us old guys.

greener

Post by greener » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:37 pm

Hunter's orange cases are easy to come by so it won't blend with the truck bumper and get missed. I still think the Savage's need a fancy paint job.

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:48 pm

greener wrote:Hunter's orange cases are easy to come by so it won't blend with the truck bumper and get missed. I still think the Savage's need a fancy paint job.
You mean Savages like Indians or guns? Actuall have a couple of American Indian friends and they are not savages.

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:08 am

unruly can paint my savage any day....

oldman have you worked on the trigger to that savage yet?? it can be made a bit better

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:42 am

bgreenea3 wrote:unruly can paint my savage any day....

oldman have you worked on the trigger to that savage yet?? it can be made a bit better
How? it is set at the lightest now and breaks at a clean even 2 pounds . I would like to try a lighter pull though, have shot some great targets with it on USBR targets at 25 yards. If I ever need any stock modified I will get in touch with Rob. He is your problem as I make no claims on him.

greener

Post by greener » Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:23 pm

bearandoldman wrote: He is your problem as I make no claims on him.
And just when I was saying that I knew whom I wanted to be just like when I grew up.

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:37 pm

greener wrote:
bearandoldman wrote: He is your problem as I make no claims on him.
And just when I was saying that I knew whom I wanted to be just like when I grew up.
You could do worse, we had a great time at the range 2 weeks ago too bad you could not be there with us, we shot up a lot of ammo.. He got spoiled when he shot one of my 10/22's and is going to send the trigger assembly to my local smith.

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:51 pm

bearandoldman wrote:
bgreenea3 wrote:unruly can paint my savage any day....

How? it is set at the lightest now and breaks at a clean even 2 pounds . I would like to try a lighter pull though, have shot some great targets with it on USBR targets at 25 yards. If I ever need any stock modified I will get in touch with Rob. He is your problem as I make no claims on him.

take out the barrelled action, locate the pring on the rear of the trigger group (the one the trigger adjustmant is on or MAIN SPRING) use a small screwdriver or dentil type pick and take the spring off, clip one or two coils off then reinstall. more detailed instructions off rimfirecentral.com

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/sh ... p?t=227014

so simple and easy Even I could do it :shock: