Henry Surprise

Discuss .22 Rifles.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

greener

Post by greener » Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:35 pm

A new buttstock was on the doorstep when I came home from work and now is on H V. Took about as long to find a screwdriver as it did to do the replacement.

Truly outstanding customer support.

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:37 pm

greener wrote:A new buttstock was on the doorstep when I came home from work and now is on H V. Took about as long to find a screwdriver as it did to do the replacement.

Truly outstanding customer support.
Swapping out the receiver cover does not take much time either, once you learn how to put the bolt in and slide the cover back on
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

greener

Post by greener » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:01 pm

I also emailed Mr. Imperato and thanked him for his generosity and outstanding service.

My first thought on the buttstock chips was to pull out some veneer remnants and and fancy the stock up with some attempts and inlays. Guess I have one to practice on now.

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:08 pm

greener wrote:I also emailed Mr. Imperato and thanked him for his generosity and outstanding service.

My first thought on the buttstock chips was to pull out some veneer remnants and and fancy the stock up with some attempts and inlays. Guess I have one to practice on now.
Right and if it looks reallly bad, it will keep you warm for a short time.

greener

Post by greener » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:37 pm

Was looking for few ideas

http://www.joecummingsstudio.com/Gunsto ... mings.html

Ought to be able to whip one of these out in a short time. :lol:

Downeaster
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by Downeaster » Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:32 am

Those are absolutely stunning works of art.

My problem (other than I couldn't afford the sales tax, much less the initial bill) is that I couldn't bring myself to handle or shoot the gun.

Never have been able to fathom the point of having something you don't dare use...
An empty weapon is just a very expensive hammer.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:31 am

Just imagine putting all that work into carving a stock and then having it slip out of the case and hit the garage floor. :shock:

R,
Bullseye

greener

Post by greener » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:17 am

Never have been able to fathom the point of having something you don't dare use...
Think how the carving would look after it is worn from years of use. You pay extra for those.

Just imagine putting all that work into carving a stock and then having it slip out of the case and hit the garage floor.
Yeah, I wouldn't be allowed to touch something like that without adult supervision.

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:09 am

Bullseye wrote:Just imagine putting all that work into carving a stock and then having it slip out of the case and hit the garage floor. :shock:

R,
Bullseye
AGAIN???????????????

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:16 am

greener wrote:
Yeah, I wouldn't be allowed to touch something like that without adult supervision.
I don't think I would be allowed to touch something like that even with adult supervision.
My guns and I are about the same we may look a little or a loy old and worn but we still work, remember that bad guys.

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:19 am

Those stocks are stunning to say the least. I put them with guns that are engraved and gold inlay. USELESS can not shoot them without destroying the value. Now if your a collector and that's all you do, collecting is fine.
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911