A Remington Pump

Discuss .22 Rifles.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

KAZ
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by KAZ » Tue May 19, 2009 6:25 pm

I took a look at remington 572 on gun broker and they are all around $300+ It seems the one at my shop is worth $125 even for parts because it is complete and functions well.

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Tue May 19, 2009 6:29 pm

KAZ wrote:I took a look at remington 572 on gun broker and they are all around $300+ It seems the one at my shop is worth $125 even for parts because it is complete and functions well.
Well, maybe you and the dog should go over and give it a loving home. Who know what a clean and a change of ammo may do for it, besides you will be my age before you find a used Henry pump. :lol:
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

KAZ
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by KAZ » Wed May 20, 2009 9:20 am

What I woke up thinking was that you and Bear should go do a final haggle and acquire that 572. If, anyone can really show us the accuracy ability of the pump action it's you. Being as you are the inventor of the Wobble Stabilizer I have every confidence that we will be seeing some fine targets. Regards

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Wed May 20, 2009 9:43 am

KAZ wrote:What I woke up thinking was that you and Bear should go do a final haggle and acquire that 572. If, anyone can really show us the accuracy ability of the pump action it's you. Being as you are the inventor of the Wobble Stabilizer I have every confidence that we will be seeing some fine targets. Regards
Well, good morning Kaz and you too Jim. You know I have been totally ignoring the Great Eight lately, time to put a scope back on it and get out the hot glue gun and reinstall the Wobble Stabilizer and take it for a range trip. Do plan on stopping at the shop today and most likely bring that Remington home. The price is not bad at all considering its condition, I would have to get a lot less costly to buy from out of state because shipping and FFL fees really raise the price. Besides this one I can see and touch and buy from a shop that will take care of any problems I may have. Will not be able to shoot anything until the end of the week as the local Sheriff Dept is using the range for training and qualification until the end of the week. We let them and the local State Police post use it no charge, they do bring jail inmates out to clear brush etc on the berms for us. You have to take car of you local LEO's especially at a range in a populated area.

KAZ
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by KAZ » Wed May 20, 2009 9:52 am

Take a look at Gun Broker auction 129381139 a mint round barrel Henry H003 sure to be a collector item

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Wed May 20, 2009 10:06 am

KAZ wrote:Take a look at Gun Broker auction 129381139 a mint round barrel Henry H003 sure to be a collector item
Looks like it will be a pricey one in the end, put it on watch just to keep and eye on what it does sell for, take a look at 129146704 this one is just like the one at my favorite shop, so thir price looks pretty good. Got a minn of 399.00 on it and a by now over 500.00. Think I will stop by the range to see and old friend at the Sherriff quals and pick up Remona and bring her home.

KAZ
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by KAZ » Wed May 20, 2009 5:21 pm

" pick up Remona and bring her home." REALLY NOW, "she" is a long way from deserving a name! First we need to see some results! Perhaps another name will fit better 8)

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Wed May 20, 2009 5:49 pm

KAZ wrote:" pick up Remona and bring her home." REALLY NOW, "she" is a long way from deserving a name! First we need to see some results! Perhaps another name will fit better 8)
Well Henry had me pick up Remona and hopefully within the next day or so we can see if she stays. If she can do anything close to Henry she has a new home. Picked her up this afternoon and while one of the guys was doing the Fed paper work, the owners son asked me to try the trigger, he looked at me when I pulled it and said " have a cup of coffee and let me fix this trigger so you don't have to come back, I know your tastes to well. Trigger job at no extra charge. Gun was manufactured in March 1988, which was the last year for this exact model, in 1989 they went to a monte carlo stock which is of no real value to the Southpaw shooter. Probably not get to shoot Remona until Saturday as the Sheriff dept is using the range for quals the rest of the week.
Should have the new receiver cover on Henry by then, and they can have fun together.

KAZ
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by KAZ » Fri May 22, 2009 7:16 am

Well, I'll be looking forward to some Remona targets! If, anyone can get a pump to shoot it is you and Bear. I have just about talked myself out of a pump of any brand, but we will see 8)

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Fri May 22, 2009 8:42 am

KAZ wrote:Well, I'll be looking forward to some Remona targets! If, anyone can get a pump to shoot it is you and Bear. I have just about talked myself out of a pump of any brand, but we will see 8)
You got me on the path to getting a pump, Bear and I will lead you down the path to a pump or ruin or both.
Last edited by bearandoldman on Sat May 23, 2009 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KAZ
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by KAZ » Fri May 22, 2009 9:51 am

The decision would be an easy one if I hadn't stumbled on a really nice H001T to keep company with my H001 right after my great Bride hit a small Jackpot and was feeling generous toward me 8) It was one thing to acquire that tired Rem for $125, and another to plop down $$$ for a HENRY or quality Rem that we both know will be $400. You and Bear got really lucky finding Remona, and if in some small way I caused that to happen it brings a smile to mine and Kaz's face. I also know that you are itching to get to your range. Regards[/code]

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Fri May 22, 2009 10:15 am

KAZ wrote:The decision would be an easy one if I hadn't stumbled on a really nice H001T to keep company with my H001 right after my great Bride hit a small Jackpot and was feeling generous toward me 8) It was one thing to acquire that tired Rem for $125, and another to plop down $$$ for a HENRY or quality Rem that we both know will be $400. You and Bear got really lucky finding Remona, and if in some small way I caused that to happen it brings a smile to mine and Kaz's face. I also know that you are itching to get to your range. Regards[/code]
Can't wait until them cops get through with their training, they use our range for a week in may and again in August. Got to keep the local law trained so they can help keep me safe. Nice guys to visit with and they are just real people in uniforms. Maybe the receiver cover will get here today and we can take the happy couple to the range tomorrow.
After I checked out Gunbroker and other gun auctions I found out how lucky I really was, it is really a $400.00 or better gun. I have not seen a mark on it anywhere. Every time I visit the shop, which is usually every week or two, as they are near my range and good friends, I look in the rack where they have the new and used rimfires. Tuesday afternoon I saw Remona, one of the guys that took care of the sale and paperwork said, that must have just come in this week. When I left Tuesday I called the owner back and told him to set it aside for me and I would see him the next day. Original price was $325.00 with and old rimfire 3 to 9 scope on it which I did not want or need.

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Sat May 23, 2009 9:57 pm

Well, Remona is happy in her new home with Henry. My regular club ranfe was still in use Friday by the Law so we went to my other club where we no longer have a rifle range due to some safety problems that are just too costly to overcome. Ther is a spot back on the sporting clays course where there is a stand on a fairly large dirt mound that with some car you can shoot a few rounds at maybe 10 yard.Well she sot fine but the front sight is hard to see for this old guy, s o off to the gun shop where they fixed me up with a front fiber optic, Got to the range this morning and sighted Remona in and the shot 20 rounds into this target, she is a fine older lady.

KAZ
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by KAZ » Sun May 24, 2009 10:41 am

That is just EXCELLENT! I would have been all over that worn 572 that I had to pass on if it had performed anything close to that target. Puts to rest those who said the pump action can't be inherently accurate. By the way I did make sure that the pump action was not in contact with the bags. Despite the fact that I still don't have a pump I consider my efforts a success because now you and Bear have REMONA 8) She is better than some that I saw on GB at $400+

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Sun May 24, 2009 11:04 am

KAZ wrote:That is just EXCELLENT! I would have been all over that worn 572 that I had to pass on if it had performed anything close to that target. Puts to rest those who said the pump action can't be inherently accurate. By the way I did make sure that the pump action was not in contact with the bags. Despite the fact that I still don't have a pump I consider my efforts a success because now you and Bear have REMONA 8) She is better than some that I saw on GB at $400+
Yes, I got lucky to find her. She must have come in on Monday or early Tuesday, as I got here Tuesday afternoon and found her. Originally wanted 325 with and old Weaver 3 to 6 on it, told me 290 as I said I did not want the scope which is really not Worth much anyway. After looking at Gunbroker, I found out what a really Good deal I got and besides that I could see and touch it before I bought it.