A Warning About HENRY

Discuss .22 Rifles.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

KAZ
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by KAZ » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:56 pm

This H001 was an impulse buy that I happened accross after you were having so much fun with yours. I don't like the feel of the large loop(gimmick) H001L, but I wish my H001 had the 16.5" barrel as opposed to the 18.5". So, I'd buy a H001 Deluxe if they made it:
16.5" barrel all the 22RF really needs
Fancy wood upgrade
Sight upgrade with peep rear/fiber optic front

Tigerbeetle
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

KAZ!

Post by Tigerbeetle » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:58 pm

Glad you are having so much fun. By the way Archie the cat keeps good company. My cat (Rocko) works awful hard. Image
And I guess you saw the target Henry II generated with a little assistance from me..Image And this was on another day.
The group to the right was after the minor windage adjustment. Isn't this what you wish you could do all the time?
BAOM, your second group looked just right. At 50 yards you would be right on the money on out to about 60-65. Varmits and edible critters would be in mortal danger!
I need to figure out how to spend more time at the range with more toys with me at one time. I haven't even shown you the groups from my 1906 Winchester. Have to work on that... Y'all enjoy. Cold here today, but it is supposed to warm back up starting tomorrow. TB :)
Work is for people who don't hunt, plink or fish. Now that I am retired, I hunt, plink and fish. Life is good.
Tigerbeetle

KAZ
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by KAZ » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:31 pm

Don't you just hate it when a Cat can't get comfortable 8) TB, those targets are really fine, are they iron sight? Regards

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:34 pm

Just amazing how a gun with some plastic parts can shoot so well. If it gets up too 50F and not too windy Henry and I are going out to play, and of course Bear the range dog too.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

KAZ
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by KAZ » Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:47 am

Nice sun shade BEAR! I hope that BEAR and HENRY I do get to go out and play. We (HenryIII) will have the temps (80) but the wind has been blowing sideways. However, I'll go to the range today anyway because I've been cooped up to long, and if it is a poor group day I'll have a really good excuse 8)

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:43 am

KAZ wrote:Nice sun shade BEAR! I hope that BEAR and HENRY I do get to go out and play. We (HenryIII) will have the temps (80) but the wind has been blowing sideways. However, I'll go to the range today anyway because I've been cooped up to long, and if it is a poor group day I'll have a really good excuse 8)
It's not so much as to how the range trip went as far as accuracy, the important thing is that you made the trip and had a good time. Sometimes you win and sometimes not but playing the game is the important part.

Tigerbeetle
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Easter Bunny

Post by Tigerbeetle » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:25 pm

I might play Easter Bunny tomorrow and take some Easter eggs to my daughter for her to find. She is 25 now, but still my little girl. I will probably take the Henry, the Medalist, maybe the Camo Camper and a couple fishing rods. There are several ponds where she keeps her horse that are sorely over populated with bass and crappies. I may have to take the 1906, too. She hasn't had a chance to shoot it yet. Y'all have fun. Hope the snow has quit flying OM. Give Bear a scratch and a biscuit. :) TB
PS: Make sure the EB visits Kaz and Archie.
Work is for people who don't hunt, plink or fish. Now that I am retired, I hunt, plink and fish. Life is good.
Tigerbeetle

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:40 pm

TB, my children, all 5 of them live at least 800 or so miles away, so we do not get together much. My youngest daughter will be 45 in June and I have a grand daughter that will be 23 tomorrow. One of us is getting old. A pan of lightly fried crappies sure sounds good.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:23 pm

One of us is getting old. A pan of lightly fried crappies sure sounds good.
Sure does, as long as we're talking about the fish! :D

R,
Bullseye

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:44 pm

Bullseye wrote:
One of us is getting old. A pan of lightly fried crappies sure sounds good.
Sure does, as long as we're talking about the fish! :D

R,
Bullseye
Definitely, or better yet and not many bar/restaurants offer these choices at their Friday night fish fries and they take care of the cooking and you do not even have to do the catching. Frday night at the WoodZ Inn, your choice of Perch, Walleye, Cod or the best BLUEGILL, plus fires Cole slaw and beer if you want it. Just East of Iron River in the UP of Michigan, eh?

greener

Post by greener » Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:54 pm

Gotta be careful how you pronounce the name of them fish. When I moved to Michigan I didn't know what a croppy was. In North Carolina the pronunciation was a tough different.

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:01 pm

greener wrote:Gotta be careful how you pronounce the name of them fish. When I moved to Michigan I didn't know what a croppy was. In North Carolina the pronunciation was a tough different.
That could lead to problems. Took Henry to the range but I forgot they were having a Muzzle loader fun shoot, so the range was closed. But the day was nice and they had a good group of shooter. Oh well, HenryI will just have to play another day.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:24 pm

I used to love going to fish fries on Friday nights. There's nothing like fresh fried Lake Erie perch and a big batch of beer battered onion rings. Man, I'm going to have to take a road trip back home soon just to get a taste of that again.

I used to catch my fill of Bluegill and Largemouth Bass when I was a kid and my folks used to fillet and fry them up for me. Life was much simpler back then.

R,
Bullseye

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:53 am

Bullseye wrote:I used to love going to fish fries on Friday nights. There's nothing like fresh fried Lake Erie perch and a big batch of beer battered onion rings. Man, I'm going to have to take a road trip back home soon just to get a taste of that again.

I used to catch my fill of Bluegill and Largemouth Bass when I was a kid and my folks used to fillet and fry them up for me. Life was much simpler back then.

R,
Bullseye

Sounds like you came from Ohio to me Bullseye. Yes Lake Erie was/is? a great perch fisher and Lake Huron and Saginaw Bay also. How about some Lake Superior whitefish, very tasty also.I know they set nets for perch, but how do you fish commercially for bluegill? They must be pond raised like catfish and probably a lot of others that I do not know about. But they sure do taste like real bluegills. Perch fillets in the stores around here are like ten bucks a pound and tillapia 3 bucks. Lightly breaded and pan fried they taste pretty good and do not smell the house up too

Tigerbeetle
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

A fun day...

Post by Tigerbeetle » Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:14 am

Carrie (my daughter), her boy friend and I had a great day. I kept one frisky large mouth bass, and about 8 or nine bluegills. Six of the blue gills were to big to hold in one hand. Close to a pound or better each. Probably have them for supper this evening. I didn't know my expedition was going to be so noteworthy or I would have taken a picture. There are 3 ponds where she keeps her horse, we fished 2. Went back to her place and got the Medalist out for a little barrel warming. Pretty well kept everything in a 3" bull at 20 yards off hand-two fisted. Then I had to run. I need to get back to visit her soon. I was talking to her landlord (who admired my Medalist)before I left. He said he had stocked the pond next to Carrie's house with hybrid bluegills that get up to 3 pounds. They should be approaching two pounds this spring. He also said (get this that he had 11 .45s in presentation cases he had bought years ago when he was a Delta pilot that were fully engraved commemorating various battles in WWI. Where would be a good place for him to find the value now-a-days. This forum? Bet so.. I want to see them next time I go down there, which won't be long.
Tigerbeetle