A Warning About HENRY

Discuss .22 Rifles.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

KAZ
Master contributor
Master contributor

A Warning About HENRY

Post by KAZ » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:58 pm

Just a word to the wise that is to late for me. If, you hang out here there is a strong possibility that you might be lead astray by bearandoldman,Tigerbeetle,
and HAK. They will do things to cause a reduction of funds(YOURS) Witness my new HENRY. Perhaps Bullseye should consider making this warning a sticky. :)
Last edited by KAZ on Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:33 pm

Finally beginning to show some intelligence, I know it's hard to tell a Texan anything. Telling a Texan is one thing and getting him to pay attention is a whole other country. If it shoots as well as mine you will be amazed, but it may be ammo particular. Have not had good enough weather to shoot mine that much yet.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

KAZ
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by KAZ » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:20 pm

We are looking at 68 degrees tomorrow,so I'll have an opportunity to spend some range time. Wish you and Bear would have some nice days as well. Regards

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:52 pm

KAZ wrote:We are looking at 68 degrees tomorrow,so I'll have an opportunity to spend some range time. Wish you and Bear would have some nice days as well. Regards
Enjoy my friend and remember the the HiViz front sight for a Ruger MarkII or IIi will help older eyes see the front sight better, the stock one does leave something to be desired.

KAZ
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by KAZ » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:23 pm

Well, we have a howling North wind(15-25) and maybe 60 degrees so any kind of precision shooting was out of the question. However since HENRY III(baom is HENRY I,Tigerbeetle is HENRY II)will Hak be HENRY IV?) is new I zeroed a small red dot and was impressed with the initial groups at 25 yds with Federal Automatch. 5 shots touching were easy, maybe the wind kicked in to assist 8) . I went around to my favorite embankment and tossed some bottle caps up and away, and had more fun blasting them. Nice having 15 rounds :D Easy to load and zero feeding,ejection or any kind of problems.The trigger was also a pleasant surprise, being crisp and not as heavy feeling as some. It did not pull the rifle off the target. Lastly I fired a full tube off hand at 50 yds and kept them all in the 5" circle in rapid fire. Probably one of the best RF rifle values going. So, I guess that I forgive you guys for planting the HENRY bug. Regards
Last edited by KAZ on Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:25 pm

KAZ wrote:Well, we have a howling North wind(15-25) and maybe 60 degrees so any kind of precision shooting was out of the question. However since HENRY III(baom is HENRY I,Hak is HENRY II) is new I zeroed a small red dot and was impressed with the initial groups at 25 yds with Federal Automatch. 5 shots touching were easy, maybe the wind kicked in to assist 8) . I went around to my favorite embankment and tossed some bottle caps up and away, and had more fun blasting them. Nice having 15 rounds :D Easy to load and zero feeding,ejection or any kind of problems.The trigger was also a pleasant surprise, being crisp and not as heavy feeling as some. It did not pull the rifle off the target. Lastly I fired a full tube off hand at 50 yds and kept them all in the 5" circle in rapid fire. Probably one of the best RF rifle values going. So, I guess that I forgive you guys for planting the HENRY bug. Regards
Yes, the trigger was a real surprise to me also. Not much pre or over travel and a slightly heave but clean let off, not a bad shooter for the cost involved. Weather does not look to bad for tomorrow, as I would like to try that Aquila Centurion ammo my gun shop co owner gave me to try. That Fiocchi #22CRN does shoot well in all of my 10/22's and one of these days we will try i in the Scoped Great Eight. Take care and make sure the dog gets a cookie Bear and the oldman and HenryI.

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:38 pm

Just a word to the wise that is to late for me. If, you hang out here there is a strong possibility that you might be lead astray by bearandoldman and HAK. They will do things to cause a reduction of funds(YOURS) Witness my new HENRY.
I have to believe it's more OM then me. I, I, well I'll take part of the blame. Sweet looking Henry, Kaz, I wonder if I'll catch that bug? The setting you photographed it in sets if off nicely. I have a Ruger on my mind. I hate going to the station to pick up a gun permit, I'll have to apply for a cpl. Until then, I can't get my convertable. The Henry is always an option? Look at all the choices:
http://www.henryrepeating.com/rifles.cfm
The doctor just might prescribe one to me?
Haka

KAZ
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by KAZ » Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:32 am

All right! I falsely accused Hak of leading me astray as regards the need for a HENRY when it was in fact Tigerbettle who posted that HENRY with it's fantastic wood that pushed me over the top. Sorry about that Hak, you may turn out to be as much a victim as me 8)

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:34 am

KAZ wrote:All right! I falsely accused Hak of leading me astray as regards the need for a HENRY when it was in fact Tigerbettle who posted that HENRY with it's fantastic wood that pushed me over the top. Sorry about that Hak, you may turn out to be as much a victim as me 8)
Right you are TB is the lucky dog. My stock has a litle figure but his is great.

KAZ
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by KAZ » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:30 pm

This 3" (1" center)target was shot yesterday at 25 yds front bag,Federal Automatch with red dot that was on another 22RF. So the top left single was first shot,the two 5:00 O'Clock right/down were next, then left 6:00 and the group moving up with the last group in the 1". I didn't adjust anymore with the high winds. No telling what this little rifle would do with a good scope,less wind,good shooter,etc. It would be sad to out shoot one my Annies :shock:

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:27 pm

OK before we get into shooting discussions, has the dog had a treat lately. Right now Bear is either guarding me as I sit here or maybe taking a nap, most likely taking a nap to get his full rest.
It would be a shame to outs hoot one of your Annie's but with a scope it may just do it. You know Henry1 has not had much over a couple hundred shot through him because of the weather, Get a set of rimfire rings and mount a scope on it and give it a try. I treed a Weaver adapter that slides on an lock with a couple of setscrews but it fit too loose. AS you tightened the screws you could make it tilt up or down depending which screw you tightened first and before tightening you could twist it too far right or left to suit me. Shot this last week 25 yards rested. ten shots and that Fiocchi ammo shoots great in all of my 10/22's also. I know that the scope needs to be adjusted down a little but the group was going so well, we just let it go. The group is about 3/8 high right now. The center circle of that target measures 3/4 inch.Image

KAZ
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by KAZ » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:56 pm

That target of yours is what made me sit up and take notice of HENRY in the first place :D

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:11 pm

KAZ wrote:That target of yours is what made me sit up and take notice of HENRY in the first place :D
It damn well impressed me too, wish there had been a video camera on me as I was hooting to see the look on my face. It may improve even more as the gun breaks in. I figured it was very good for a gun that has no real fore-stock just a piece of wood hooked to the barrel and receiver. Not floated or really supported, much like shooting your Annie with the barrel on the front rest. eh?

KAZ
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by KAZ » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:48 am

You know Bear's old man that I have found yet another reason to appreciate HENRY. Anyone who's loves/shoots a lot of 22RF knows that we become ammo purest. I shoot RWS Rifle Target/SG Match in my annies and CCI SV in my 41 because I like the consistency/accuracy/function they offer. So, I've wound up with lots of bulk pack ammo that I just don't shoot anymore. Until now 8) HENRY loves it, never fails(yet) to load,eject,FTF or any really bad habits while providing plinker accuracy that is quite good.

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:05 am

KAZ wrote:You know Bear's old man that I have found yet another reason to appreciate HENRY. Anyone who's loves/shoots a lot of 22RF knows that we become ammo purest. I shoot RWS Rifle Target/SG Match in my annies and CCI SV in my 41 because I like the consistency/accuracy/function they offer. So, I've wound up with lots of bulk pack ammo that I just don't shoot anymore. Until now 8) HENRY loves it, never fails(yet) to load,eject,FTF or any really bad habits while providing plinker accuracy that is quite good.
OK, first, has the real KAZ had his treat this morning. Bear had 3 cookies and a bite of my breakfast sandwich. Years ago I bought maybe 15 or better different kinds of ammo from Midway USA and shot a lot of test targets to find that Fiocchi#22CTN LSP, Eley Sport and of course CCI SV shot the best. Have shot a lot of the Federal bulk through all of my guns with no problem, only ammo that had problems were them Golden Bullets, so I use them no more. A while back found that my 10/22T shoot CCI Blazer very well and the other guns not that good. The Fiocchi seems to be the best to this date. Supposed to get up to 60F today so we may get a chance to play a little. Here is a target I shot last June.