Gunscrubber "safe for plastics" version Ok for Rug

Discuss .22 pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

melchloboo
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Gunscrubber "safe for plastics" version Ok for Rug

Post by melchloboo » Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:12 am

I saw that birchwood casey has a gunscrubber spray now that claims to be safe for plastics. Has anybody used it on the 22/45 grip assembly to clean off the parts contained in the grip without detail stripping?

Are there other ways to clean out the inner grip assembly and parts without having to do a detail strip? I have been trying to swab out what I can with qtips, but it would seem easier to just blast everything with a safe spray, then dab just a little oil here and there. Any suggestions appreciated.

Song Dawg
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Song Dawg » Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:35 pm

BC is a very customer conscious company. I've called them with various suggestions and questions and have always been treated well with great info.
800.328.6156 or www.birchwoodlaboratories.com

SD

melchloboo
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by melchloboo » Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:30 am

good to know. still, always best to hear from another 22/45 owner that they use it with no problems. discoloration on the inside i could live with...melting plastic would be very bad. i'll give them a call if nobody chimes in here.

DancesWithSquirrels
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Yes, It Is Safe For Plastics

Post by DancesWithSquirrels » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:39 am

I've used a couple of different versions of the "polymer safe" sprays including the Birchwood Casey. I've had no indication of any problems with any plastics or polymers on any of the guns I've used them on. I believe the key ingredient to watch out for in the ingredients is any chlorinated solvents.

DWS