Discuss .22 pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Re: UCL with MKI magazines ?

Post by bearandoldman » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:21 am

Bullseye wrote:
recumbent wrote: I don't think so because the MKI mags have the follower button of the opposite side than the MKII & III mags.
Not all Mark Is, the ones manufactured after 1971 have the magazine button on the left side just like the Mark IIs.

R,
Bullseye
I thought some of them did , so I said nothing. With old age comes Wisdom, at least I hope it does.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

BirdMan

Post by BirdMan » Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:16 am

I bought an UCL to go with my MK III sight unseen based on the comments I've read here and there. I bought it, actually, before I'd even shot a single round through my MK III. I'm very glad I did. It's an excellent little product, works just fine, although I need to play around with the adjustment screw, since it occasionally lets an 11th round get loose - shouldn't be a problem at all.

My only complaint is that it's so easy to just reload my two mags, that I'm having a hard time making myself buy an extra couple of mags for that rainy day! :)

bigfatdave
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bigfatdave » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:45 am

BirdMan wrote:My only complaint is that it's so easy to just reload my two mags, that I'm having a hard time making myself buy an extra couple of mags for that rainy day! :)
I bought 3 at the same time as ordering the UCL.
Makes for more trigger time if you're taking turns with one pistol, but with only two magazines, one UCL, and a reloading buddy, you can shoot until the ammo runs out without pausing. MrsBFD and I tested it out and ran about 150 rounds through my MKIII target, some magazines only had 9 in them for the sake of "more shooting, less counting", but it was quite impressive to see the ruger magazines fill faster than I could empty them.

The UCL isn't even in the same category as the thumbsavers, and I still keep a thumbsaver in the case with mags and ammo, but it stays in there.