New hammer,trigger and sear in Mark III

Discuss .22 pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Fan45acp

New hammer,trigger and sear in Mark III

Post by Fan45acp » Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:25 pm

First I want to THANK Bullseye for this GREAT FORUM. I've owned this Mark III (5 1/2" S/S) for a couple months. After reading all the posts on the VQ trigger,Mark II hammer,Clark O/S bushing,cast sear, to improve the over all operation of this pistol well I did it.With your detail strip and the VQ video no problems. The O/S bushing was a tight fit in the new VQ markII hammer but it finally fit. The trigger fells MUCH smoother and Lighter.Again thanks ALL OF YOU for this GREAT and HELPFULL FORUM.

Thanks, John Henry
Just got back from range.After about 300 rounds d/c stopped resetting,had to pull trigger to reset d/c then fire the magazine. I noticed on the inside of the frame where the d/c rest on the frame,there seems to be tooling marks or scratches where the d/c rests next to the frame. I'm going to use some emery paper to clean this up . Preset and overtravel screws are set right. I'm just going to clean and make sure everything is not binding up anywhere. Well that is my plan anyway.You guys have a NICE DAY.
Thanks J.H.
Last edited by Fan45acp on Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:06 pm

Great to hear you like your upgraded MKIII pistol and it went together with minimal difficulty.

Go out and enjoy it!

R,
Bullseye

Fan45acp

Post by Fan45acp » Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:53 pm

Bullseye wrote:Great to hear you like your upgraded MKIII pistol and it went together with minimal difficulty.

Go out and enjoy it!

R,
Bullseye
Now all I need to do is set the pretravel,I'll do this Monday at the range. J.H.

tom234

Re: New hammer,trigger and sear in Mark III

Post by tom234 » Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:20 pm

Fan45acp wrote: After reading all the posts on the VQ trigger,Mark II hammer,Clark O/S bushing,cast sear, to improve the over all operation of this pistol well I did it.With your detail strip and the VQ video no problems. The O/S bushing was a tight fit in the new VQ markII hammer but it finally fit..........
Thanks, John Henry
What was the total cost for the O/S bushing from Clark ? $25 ? I inquired by email but they never responded; guess they didn't need my business.
Here's a great post on pre-travel..
http://www.guntalk-online.com/forum/vie ... =pretravel

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:16 am

I usually set the pretravel before going to the range. It is easy to set up with the VQ trigger and the frame with the receiver off. That way I can wick in a little blue Locktite to keep the adjustment screw in place. Once I set the pretravel, then I set the overtravel screw and Locktite it too.

R,
Bullseye

Fan45acp

Re: New hammer,trigger and sear in Mark III

Post by Fan45acp » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:57 am

tom234 wrote:
Fan45acp wrote: After reading all the posts on the VQ trigger,Mark II hammer,Clark O/S bushing,cast sear, to improve the over all operation of this pistol well I did it.With your detail strip and the VQ video no problems. The O/S bushing was a tight fit in the new VQ markII hammer but it finally fit..........
Thanks, John Henry
What was the total cost for the O/S bushing from Clark ? $25 ? I inquired by email but they never responded; guess they didn't need my business.
Here's a great post on pre-travel..
http://www.guntalk-online.com/forum/vie ... =pretravel
$20 min. for o/s bushing and $7.50 postage = $27.50. Yes it is worth it IMHO. J.H.

Fan45acp

Post by Fan45acp » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:59 am

Bullseye wrote:I usually set the pretravel before going to the range. It is easy to set up with the VQ trigger and the frame with the receiver off. That way I can wick in a little blue Locktite to keep the adjustment screw in place. Once I set the pretravel, then I set the overtravel screw and Locktite it too.

R,
Bullseye
Thanks again Bullseye,that sounds like a good plan.
J.H.