Discuss .22 pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Re: Big gun

Post by bearandoldman » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:34 am

AllGator wrote:OM

The Ruger is a pistol set up for my 9-year old granddaughter to participate. My pistol of choice is normally a CZ97...which is a 45ACP.

Boy, this thread has wandered.

Whatever...good shooting.

A-G
never shot a CZ but did ride one a couple of time. I believe Roger DeCoster rode one to mx championship, Joel )r was it Jorl Roberts?
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

bearandoldman

Re: slingshot mod

Post by bearandoldman » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:21 pm

AllGator wrote:True enough...if you are standing still and holding the pistol vertically (eg, Bullseye, steel challenge, plinking.) But, begin with a rapid draw from a holstered weapon; start running around; perform a rapid reload; get in some awkward shooting positions; have the pistol in other than vertical positions; and, avoid having the pistol going to slide lock at unwanted times. Then you want spring pressure on the bolt hold open.

The fix doesn't require much effort and virtually no money. See above.

A=G
Just got back from the range after test firing my Mark
ii 22/45 with the sling shot mod by removing detent pin and spring only. The lever has to be straight and smooth with no bowing or burrs, loaded a mag with 5 rounds and shot horizontal left, then another 5 horizontal right, and then a mag with 10 5ounds vertical inverted. Bolt never malfunctioned and stayed open on the last round, Justas it should,
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.