Finally BuckMark Silhouette 14"" Range test

Discuss .22 pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

jstanfield103
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Finally BuckMark Silhouette 14"" Range test

Post by jstanfield103 » Mon May 27, 2013 6:22 pm

I finally have my Burris rings on my Buckmark 14". We'll I have had them on for several months now just waiting on some ammo to show up at the LGS. I you may or may not know, I first thought the gun was finished till I shot it. After shooting I could not adjust the scope enough to even get the bullets on a piece of paper. I bought some Burris Z rings as was suggested from several here on RFC. I put these on and the first shot was very close to the target, man that was a relief. I bought this gun and my 10" Ruger Mark II.5 to replace the S&W Model 41 that I got aggravated with. The S&W was the most accurate 22lr pistol that I have ever shot or had but the stove piping just drove me crazy. It was so bad that I tried everything and finally just sold it. I bought the 10" Ruger but it was not as accurate as the 41 so I bought this BuckMark Silhouette 14" in hopes of a accurate pistol, equaling the 41.That did not happen till the Burris Z rings and todays Range trip. I finally took her out after finding a couple hundred rounds of CCI SV. It was a little warm 85 degrees in the full sun with a 10 mile an hour wind (Guessing). I fired from a rest at 25 yards. Here is the result, very happy. This will get better without the wind and a little cooler temp. I can relax a little more. I put a shade on the scope to help with glare (I have no shade) on the range. The target is approx. a quarter in size. This gun is just a lot of fun to shoot and just as comfortable as the S&W, to me right now it is the funnest Target pistol I own.

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Mon May 27, 2013 9:08 pm

Shot these at an indoor 25 yard range a few years back with my 22/45 Great Eight, mounted with a rifle scope from a rest.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

jstanfield103
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by jstanfield103 » Tue May 28, 2013 6:28 am

Bearandoldman, those are some targets to be proud of. Mine are almost as good as yours. I can actually cover the holes with a dime. I thought about a rifle scope but I wanted a little more eye relief. I bought this Hi-Lux Chinese Pistol scope 2-7x32 because it had the closes eye relief of any pistol scope out. I tried a Bushnell but 20" eye relief was way out there for my short arms. This scope has a 10 to 13" eye relief. I wish I could find a scope with a higher power to bring those small targets really up close, even with the 7 power a quarter size target is very small at 25 yards. I may have to buy a rifle scope and give it a try.
Thanks for the picture I gives me a little envy to strive for :)

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Tue May 28, 2013 8:52 am

Got a 2x7 NcStar scope on it now but you have a lot of eye relief with it. I believe that scope was a 6x24 off one of my rifles, not much eye relief but it is only 22LLR. Anything bigger could hurt you. Just something I had to try. Got to see something happen when I shoot or it is no fun, used to shoot 10 to 20 boxes of shotgun shells a week on Skeet and sporting clay for a lot of year, when you hit the target you can see it break int tiny pieces, that was really fun.l
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.