First time out with my Mark III :)

Discuss .22 pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

yeti as3

First time out with my Mark III :)

Post by yeti as3 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:17 pm

First off, GunTalk is just a wealth of info!!
I made a magsafe eliminator bushing at work, eliminated the LCI, and finally got to shoot my ss Mark III Target w/5.5" today. This 22 is fun and accurate. I ran 150rds of Fed 40gr through it w/o a hiccup. I will be ordering a .100" Dawson fo front sight since it is hard to see at one of the ranges I go to. Also received my Majestic speed strip kit I still have to install.
Excuse my lack of knowledge and terminology pertaining to the next question. With the stock MK III sights you line up the top of the sights with your intended POI. I want to be able to sight the new fo sight rod as my POI, not the top of the sight. I'm guessing Dawson can help dial this in for me unless somebody knows what height front sight I would need.

greener

Post by greener » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:24 pm

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like a good buy and you are well on the way to making a good shooter better. When I ordered DP front sights, I don' recall them having more than one height. I'll measure mine and let you know the height. It works very well for my old eyes.

greener

Post by greener » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:59 pm

Dawson has a 0.300" and 0.420" listed. I measured a MKIII 22/45 and the DP sight on my GC. Both were ~0.39-0.40" I think you need the 0.420" sight, but I'd ask Dawson. I've put this sight on the MKII GC and a Single Six. bgreene has one on his MKII. They work very well.

PS. If you ever try one on a single six, the Dawson base is shorter than the base on the front sight of the single six. The screw is too long and needs some filing to fit, unless you can find a shorter one.

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:02 am

welcome to the forum! I'm not sure on which height is on my MKII target but I really like it. the fiberoptic makes it stand out to my ey an the shape still allows for a precise sight picture.

It might be a good idea to contact DP tell them what model gun you have and go with what they tell you for the sight.
"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."

-John Wayne

yeti as3

Post by yeti as3 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:46 pm

Had a chat with Dawson tech today and I am ordering the .420x.100". Thx for the help. On another note, My Dawson CRP Glock 34 will be shipping this week. Going to try my first local IDPA meet on Saturday.

greener

Post by greener » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:42 pm

Congrats. DP has some nice builds.