Buckmark Silhouette Ultimate Match 14"

Discuss .22 pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

jstanfield103
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Buckmark Silhouette Ultimate Match 14"

Post by jstanfield103 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:47 am

I finally received my Browning Buckmark today (2-15-13). I have been looking at this gun for some time or I should say this model, but everything I saw was the 10" Silhouette. I was looking to buy a Buckmark this time through GunBroker.com to replace the very accurate S&W Model 41 that I got frustrated with and sold. My Ruger Mark II.5 10" was not quite as accurate as the Model 41 but I really like it, shoots with no problems at all. As I was looking at the 10 Silhouettes I found this 14" Silhouette and just had to have it. The add said it was in excellent + condition. It cost me an arm and a leg but after buying it and getting it I really like the way it is made. As far as the excellent + rating well there is not a scratch on it anywhere except on the scope rail. It is really a fine specimen of a Silhouette. I have already made a change to it that most will not approve but due to the size of my hands it was necessary. I am right handed so I filed the right side thumb rest off the grips, now it fits me really nice and a lot more comfortable. IThe only pictures I have right now are with the Red Dot on it that will be replaced with a Hi-Lux 2-7x32mm LER scope, but it does show the grip modification. I will post a follow up pictures when I get the scope mounted this week as soon as I receive it. I will also add target pictures after the scope is mounted. Here is the gun and scope that I am putting on it, I have the same scope on my Mark II.5. If you are interested in a good scope these Hi-Lux Long Eye Relief are a good scope at a good cost with Life time warranty. I have had Bushnell scopes for and guns and other scopes also, this scope works best because of the shorter eye relief, it's not 20" like the others but it is 13" eye relief. This is the fourth one of these scopes that I have purchased.

charlesb
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by charlesb » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:35 am

That's a beautiful pistol. You did great work on the grips.

When you get the new scope mounted, let us see what it looks like with it.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:18 am

Modifying the grips is making what you have work for you. Don't be concerned about what others think, it is your gun and function should always takes precedence over form. You should see some of my match guns, the word ugly doesn't even begin to describe them but they shoot knots in the targets and that's what really counts.

A Buckmark is a fine functioning pistol. It has always felt good in my hands. I do not like the small serrations on the slide which I find makes operation more difficult. Browning had added wings to their slides to increase the gripping surface, a feature I found very helpful, but yours doesn't have them on your slide. Hopefully you don't share my experience with the Buckmark slide, especially with a full length scope mounted on the top.

R,
Bullseye

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:10 pm

That's a nice looking rifle, I mean pistol.

jstanfield103
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by jstanfield103 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:40 pm

Thanks all for the comments, Bullseye I too thought it would have been nice to have had the ears but while it is cocked it's OK don't know with the scope on it yet. I hope I can mount the scope forward more so that I can grip it easy enough.

greener

Post by greener » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:01 am

That is a great looking pistol. My Challenger grips look like those. My Brownings always seem to shoot pretty well. Enjoy

bigfatdave
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bigfatdave » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:29 am

Just when I was starting to feel good about my 8.5" pac-lite ...

Looks pretty nice, how does it shoot?

jstanfield103
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by jstanfield103 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:18 am

Big Dave I don't know how it shoots as of yet. I am waiting on the scope that I should receive later this week and then if I don't work all weekend I will try her out this weekend.

greener

Post by greener » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:35 pm

I guess I'll have to go shoot mine instead of waiting for your report.

greener

Post by greener » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:45 pm

You are a bad influence. Took the Buckmark and Challenger to the range since it is right on my way to Lowes, well, only 40 miles out of the way. Except for loose screws and FTF' s from shooting RGB's, it was a great afternoon. SWMBO expressed her disbelief about going to Lowe's until I gave her the bag with wall anchors.

You might want to use some blue Loctite on the sight base screws.

jstanfield103
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by jstanfield103 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:31 pm

Greener thanks for the information, I will keep an eye on them, if they loosen up I have blue Lock-Tite on hand.