My new LCR .22

Discuss .22 pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Jack D
Expert contributor
Expert contributor

Post by Jack D » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:50 pm

blue68f100 wrote:CT are great for use with aging eyes. I can see the front sight though fuzzy with my normal glasses on. So I just point shoot which is all your doing on close range, 3yrds. At 7 you start using the rear sight too, so I just point shoot. I do train with my CT at least 1 mag/trip.

Glad to hear the new gun is a keeper. It's nothing more frustrating than having a gun that has a problem. Glad to hear the finish is right on this one. Don't know what to tell you on the front sight. I do not like changing sight pictures from the normal. For under a stressful condition you will go back to the normal sight picture. Does Ruger have a fix for the front sight?
I colored the front sight to help. It looks like a colored square through the rear sight and I use this sight picture. It is exactly the same as the directions for the XS sight (packaged with the LCR22). Not ideal. But it works.

Image Image
Jack
Ruger SP101, 3", .357, CT laser
Ruger SR22P, CT laser
Ruger LCR22, CT laser
Ruger 10/22 Deluxe, scoped
H&R Handi, .357 customized, laser, red dot, scope, weapon light, bipod
Benjamin-Sheridan, 5mm (.20), scoped.

Jack D
Expert contributor
Expert contributor

Post by Jack D » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:35 pm

Not at all unhappy with this one. After a ~200 rounds this morning, all I had to do to clean it was wipe it off with a rag dampened with Hoppe's and push a patch through the bore/chambers. Wipe, inside and out, and done. Looks like new. A far cry from the older one, which needed a brass wire brush to get the lead off. And my hands don't get black either (from shooting).

This target doesn't make me unhappy either. Especially when you consider my eyesight, iron sights, and speed I was poking the holes. I believe, if I'm going to carry a .22lr, I need to shoot fast....so that's the way I practice. My trigger finger only goes so fast.....about 4 pulls/second max with this LCR.

Jack
Ruger SR22P, CT laser
Ruger LCR22, CT laser

greener

Post by greener » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:49 pm

Not bad for fast shooting. Glad to see you've got it working.

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by ruger22 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:52 am

Good shooting, the bad guys are done for with that. It's better than I do staging the trigger, so far.

On your previous post, you're using the same sight picture I figured out to use the factory sight at 12 yards. Then the 22 matches my 357 with a six o'clock hold.

Glad you got a keeper this time.
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols

Jack D
Expert contributor
Expert contributor

Post by Jack D » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:41 am

ruger22 wrote:Good shooting, the bad guys are done for with that. It's better than I do staging the trigger, so far.

On your previous post, you're using the same sight picture I figured out to use the factory sight at 12 yards. Then the 22 matches my 357 with a six o'clock hold.

Glad you got a keeper this time.
For some reason, I find it hard to stage the trigger on the LCR, but very easy with the SP101. They are definitely different.
Jack
Ruger SR22P, CT laser
Ruger LCR22, CT laser

Jack D
Expert contributor
Expert contributor

Post by Jack D » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:48 pm

Got the Crimson Trace grips back.......Not the same one, though. They sent new replacements. These adjust beautifully. Took two weeks turn around time.
Jack
Ruger SR22P, CT laser
Ruger LCR22, CT laser

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:34 pm

Jack D wrote:Got the Crimson Trace grips back.......Not the same one, though. They sent new replacements. These adjust beautifully. Took two weeks turn around time.
With all the difficulties with the Ruger LCR mentioned in this thread, it sure was a consideration in my purchase of the LCR 38sp+ I just bought. So far, the LCR has worked perfectly. I had the opportunity to shoot my LCR, and my friend's 442 side by side. Both appear to be nice packages, with only minor differences between them. Hope you LCR 22lr w/laser works out well now.
Haka

Jack D
Expert contributor
Expert contributor

Post by Jack D » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:20 pm

Hakaman wrote:
Jack D wrote:Got the Crimson Trace grips back.......Not the same one, though. They sent new replacements. These adjust beautifully. Took two weeks turn around time.
With all the difficulties with the Ruger LCR mentioned in this thread, it sure was a consideration in my purchase of the LCR 38sp+ I just bought. So far, the LCR has worked perfectly. I had the opportunity to shoot my LCR, and my friend's 442 side by side. Both appear to be nice packages, with only minor differences between them. Hope you LCR 22lr w/laser works out well now.
Haka
So far, so good, Haka. Several hundred rounds and cleans with a quick wipe. Virtually no lead spray. Still shoots low if I try to use the sight picture in the manual, but that's OK. My eyes don't like iron sights anyway so the laser is my sight of choice.
Jack
Ruger SR22P, CT laser
Ruger LCR22, CT laser