Finally did my mag safety mod on mark lll

Discuss .22 pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Biggjimm
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Finally did my mag safety mod on mark lll

Post by Biggjimm » Tue May 22, 2012 8:31 pm

I finally got around to getting rid of the mag safety on my 22-45 mark lll & I must say that makes a fun shooting gun a whole lot more fun to shoot. And the way the mags shoot out of there now is awesome. And it's a breeze to tear down now. I can actually do it without having to refer to the manual. Thanks for that tip Bullseye.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Wed May 23, 2012 6:42 am

I don't know why more folks look into it. Gives you all the mechanical advantages of the Mark II Series pistols with the magazine release style of the Mark III Series.

R,
Bullseye

greener

Post by greener » Thu May 24, 2012 8:23 am

The mag disconnects on my Hunter and MKIII 22/45 never bothered me much. I never shoot one without the mag and the mag insertions for field stripping and assembly only took seconds. I finally decided to get rid of the mag safeties on reassembly after a detailed strip and figured out that I really didn't have to manage three parts on the disconnector if I did away with the mag safety. The upside seems to be a little less slop in the trigger.

The slingshot mod, mag disconnect removal, VQ trigger and VQ sear really improved my 22/45. All pretty easy to do with good instructions.

Biggjimm
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Biggjimm » Thu May 24, 2012 5:58 pm

You know greener that was a benefit that I didn't even realize until I took the gun down all the way to show my daughter how to detail strip it & it's a lot easier putting the hammer pin back in when you dont have so many parts to keep lined up in the correct position. The main reason I did mine is because the mags were hard to remove. I really had to pry down with my thumb nail & wiggle em a bit where now they shoot out like a rocket. Also I can detail strip it without the manual to reference when to put the mag in or have it out. Which in due time I would have got it down pat. In my case it's all around a little more user friendly with mag safety out of there. To each thier own though some don't mind it while others despise them & that's ok. Biggjimm.