Trigger Pull Gage

Discuss .22 pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Mountain Man

Trigger Pull Gage

Post by Mountain Man » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:35 pm

What's a good Trigger Pull Gage that's fairly accurate and not overly expensive (not necessarily digital) for use on target pistols. I am getting tired of hanging weights on a coat hanger and my wife is complaining about me having the kitchen scale in my workshop!
66 years of shooting - and still asking!

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:00 am

You can always use a jug instead of weights. Start filling the jug, when the hammer drops weight the jug. Most of the digital gauges I see are around $70. I think Midway puts them on sale for around $50. You can use fish scales if you have one of those but I don't think there that accurate. Since most fisherman stretch the truth. :D
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:55 pm

I actually use a set of competition trigger pull weights but I'm working to a highly accurate set of values for my competition pistols. For you it all depends on how accurate your looking to go with your measurements. The spring scales are relatively inexpensive and accurate enough, if you're just looking for an approximate value of pull. A digital scale will run from $50 to well over $100 but they provide a much more defined measurement.

R,
Bullseye

Mountain Man

Post by Mountain Man » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:54 pm

Thanks! Any wisdom on manufacturers? RCBS? Timney? Lyman?
66 years of shooting - and still asking!

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:39 am

Midway is having a sale this month on a Lyman digital pull scale, you may want to give that one a look.

R,
Bullseye