Dawson Precision Front Sight on the Single Six

Discuss .22 pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

greener

Dawson Precision Front Sight on the Single Six

Post by greener » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:03 pm

I fired the Single Six with the DP fiber optic front sight yesterday. When I finally settled down and started shooting the revolver properly, it made sighting much easier. My initial shooting had problems because the range shed was dark and it was bright and sunny outside, making the sight hard for me to see. (I'm getting to be an expert at shooting from a dark enclosure into bright light). When I adjusted, I did pretty well with the sight.

The Dawson Precision sight for the Ruger MK's and Single Six is a direct drop. It requires little rear sight adjustment. Dawson doesn't include a screw and the original screw is supposed to be used. For the single six you need to file down 20% of the length to get it to fit. Took a while to hand file it down. I didn't want to use a dremel because of he difficulty in holding a tiny screw.

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:11 pm

I do like the Dawson MkII front sight on my mkII target it is a nice crisp sight picture and the Fiber Optic Dot Stands out nicely and brings your eye to the front sight. :thumbs up:
"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."

-John Wayne