glock 22...... 22lr?

Discuss .22 pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:08 am

Plenty of good lube. FP10 and hopped elite were both tried.... When I get a chance I'll snap a few pics of the slide..... Dealing with an overflowed washer in the basement now :x
"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."

-John Wayne

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:50 pm

ImageGlock gen 3 slide on left TSG22 on right
Image Image
The Striker protrudes just a touch more than the glock striker
the Glock striker in black the tac sol unit in white.
I did a little measuring of the protrusion of the striker from the bottom of the slide and the conversion unit stuck down just a tad more. (I measured from the top of the slide to the bottom of the striker and subtracted the distance from the top of the slide to the bottom of the slide.)

Glock 0.742"- 0.570"= 0.172"

TSG@@ 0.754"-0.565"=0.209"
I think the 0.036" difference is causing the light strikes.... or my old glock striker is really worn ....

Anyhow its headed back to Tac Sol for a tune up as soon as i can get it to UPS

-John Wayne

Georgezilla
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Georgezilla » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:35 pm

bg, sorry to hear about your washer, I hope nothing important got ruined.

I appreciate your sharing this info on your TacSol unit. One day, I'd like to get one of these units, so it's nice to read that TacSol has the customer in mind, and it's nice to see the pictures of what appears to be a well machined unit. Hopefully the turnaround time is short and it comes back reliable.

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:26 pm

thanks georgezilla, only all the laminate floor some of the trim and a little drywall.......I had just finished finishing it too thats the worst part.

-John Wayne

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:49 pm

Ouch, that had to hurt. I hate water leaks. Don't like doing plumbing work either. I replaced carpet in one br/office 3 times in less than 5 yrs from water leaks.

I installed some water alert every place I have a chance of water, under sinks, WH heater but not the utility room. These are pretty cheap ($10) to give you an early warning. They do have some that can actually be used to shut things down when in alarm.

My dad has a HW heater located in a hall closet. The floors are covered with teak paraka. Last summer I caught a main water connection leaking but had not make it to the floor covering. Sure glad since what he has you can not match the pattern anymore. And is down to less than a case for repair.

My dad ask how can a connection that is 8yrs start leaking. For his case it was hot/cold cycle. When were away from the house over night we turn off the HW heater and well pump.
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:03 pm

Blue, Wouldn't it take less energy to keep the water hot than warm it up from cold? I like the water alet idea, might be more cost effective than my wanting o put in extra floor drains!

-John Wayne

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:51 pm

All depends on how long your gone. The main reason for turning it of is because the water is turned off. He's on a well that is not very deep. He has ran the well dry twice he said. It had water through the hot summer drought, but I used it very sparingly. He has more problems getting struck with lightning. He has had trees get struck 2-3 time now where they were next to the house. The first one did some pretty bad damage. It took out all of the entertainment center, including his sat. It jumped to a under ground feeder to his shop, into his main electrical service panel. Took out 6-8 breakers, caused under ground plumbing leaks and damaged the AC, and refrigerator which failed soon afterward. It also burned off wire nut connections in outlet boxes throughout the whole house. I went up in the attic and did some more repair in junction boxes. The hit burned off the ground connection to the service panel. The last lighting strike was last summer. But the storm took down the service wires so the house had no power, the trees had little water due to the drought, so no damage except to the tree.

Grainger, HomeDepot and Lowes carry the water alarms. They are a very high pitch alarm, 90+dba
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911

greener

Post by greener » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:43 am

How do these alerts work? Capacitance probes? I can see using them for overfilled sinks.

What makes this leak a bit worse is bgreene had just completed finishing the basement, including new flooring in the laundry room.

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:05 am

They have 2 probes on the bottom when water bridges it, it completes the circuit setting off the alarm. The bottom plates comes off (has about 3' of lead wires) so you can place the detector probes underneath something and have the main unit out so you can hear it better. It's powered by a 9v battery.

here is a google search link that brings a listing from a specialty alarm company. http://www.specialtyalarms.com/site/1313932/page/470322

This is the one I have but under a different name. I got them from Grainger for around $12 3-4 years ago. Home Depot has them to, and I may have saw them at Harbor freight.

http://www.specialtyalarms.com/site/131 ... uct/00-101

Here one that Lowe's carries that can cover a whole room. http://www.lowes.com/pd_335616-74493-RW ... Id=3316780
David

Custom Built 1911

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:07 pm

Another thing that helps contain water is installing a washing machine tray underneath it. http://www.homedepot.com/buy/appliances ... 24597.html They make similar ones for hot water heaters.

R,
Bullseye

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:49 pm

the only thing that could have helped was a floor drain :shock:

-John Wayne

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:59 pm

A shopvac is your friend when it comes to picking up water......
David

Custom Built 1911

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

update

Post by bgreenea3 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:19 am

The unit arrived at Tac Sol on Friday, I got an email wed from the tech he had replaced some parts (firing pin, spring, etc) and did some polishing. Test fired with 150 rounds and he said all was good.....

That has to be a record for shortest turn around time for customer service! :shock:

I'll see how it works when I get it back, just waiting on the brown truck now..... :?

-John Wayne

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:19 pm

I finallly made it out to the range to shoot the TSG22 after getting it back from Tac Sol... Set up the spinner target at 20 yards and hit it consistantly, accuracy is still great, but the glock sights sure weren't meant fir precision shooting!

Function instead of 10 light strikes per 15 round mag it is a much better 6 per 150 rounds... I would say thats an improvement. the unit is fun as heck to shoot and even shooting mini mags it is way better to my ammo fund than 40 S&W. the thing is a keeper and maybe I'll figure out why i always shoot left with the glock trigger.....

:thumbs up: :thumbs up: to Tac Sols service dept. They are way bettter than anyone else I've dealt with to date.

-John Wayne

greener

Post by greener » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:35 am

Sounds like they about got it fixed. What ammo were you shooting?

Shooting left may have something to do with striker-fired pistols. Did that with the M&P and SR9. Good groups, but slightly left. No matter what I tried with trigger control, the front sights wanted to twitch left when I dry fired the M&P. The left tendency was decreased if I changed my grip slightly by rotating the pistol grip slightly more into my palm (counterclockwise).

Also, you can drift the rear sight slightly right to compensate.