I bought - I think!

Discuss .22 pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:36 am

I will have to sign up for therapy.

Oh no! I just checked our weather report - rain,snow and fog are forecast for today. "Please drive carefully Mr. UPS man!"
The therapist would recommend 60F, sun shinning and 1000 rounds at the gun range. :wink:
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:39 am

Nothing like gettin' a new toy!

superdave

Post by superdave » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:35 am

Well, bliss, for your sanity's sake, I sure hope UPS delivers today - it is a holiday for some. Great thing about this waiting is that it reminds us of how it was at Christmas when we were a whole lot younger - the thrill of anticipation!

bliss

Post by bliss » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:16 pm

Delivered at 2:22PM. I'll be mature about this and wait 'til tomorrow to call the FFL.

bliss

Post by bliss » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:18 pm

WELL YIPEE!! It is mine, mine, mine. Now what the hell do I do?! I know, RTFM! I did that ,well skimed it a couple of times on the web. So I now must read the manual a couple of times 10146 in hand.

It must be one of the last 10146s as Ruger removed it from the 2012 catalogue. The Ruger papers were signed 12/28/2011.
Last edited by bliss on Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

greener

Post by greener » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:43 pm

bliss wrote:WELL YIPEE!! It is mine, mine, mine. Now what the hell do I do?!
To quote my aged, sainted grandma: gun ain't no good if you ain't shootin' it.

Get some of that ammo and head to the range and have fun, fun, fun.

bliss

Post by bliss » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:30 pm

green., your aged, sainted G-ma should be encouraged. I broke it down into its three parts and cleaned out the the small amount of factory goo. I put it back together and fired 150 CCI MiniMags through it.

Details: -- I used a one pound rubber hammer to remove the Main Spring Housing -- no damage to the 22/45. However, the "gunsmith" has a small hole in the right thumb and a couple of scrapes on top of the right ring finger. But he's cheap. -- I intend to rewrite the "Instruction Manual For Ruger Mark III Autoloading Pistols Standard, Target, Government Target, Competition Hunter and 22/45 Models" It will be a little thinner than the current fifty (50) pages; about six pages including pictures. Importantly, my manual will be washable! -- My Manual will have shorter names. Names like "thingy" and "doodad". --- I had to use a small dowel to hammer on to remove the Main Spring Housing Pin. Coming in or going out that pin is a real SOB. I intend to polish it. Maybe that will help. -- With A ham sandwich, two bottles of Anchor Steam Beer Made in San Francisco Since 1896 and a lot of angst (do I have the hammer up or down ? Is the stirrup in the little void as it should be?) I put the 22/45 back together and had fun at the range. Regards to Grams.
Last edited by bliss on Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:49 pm

I take it that the Anchor Steam Beer was for medicinal purposes?
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

superdave

Bolt stop pin

Post by superdave » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:55 pm

Congratulations Bliss! You've successfully completed the first challenge. I know from experience how tricky all that was. Trust me, it gets easier as you do it more often. Always very tight when new. My 22/45 seems to literally fall together - very simple disassembly/reassembly without tools, whereas my Mark III standard is a bit of a fight every time. It really helps to try the pin from the top to make sure everything is aligned before you put it up through the bottom. A few gentle taps with the soft hammer will help line it all up. When you get comfortable doing the field strip, you may want to do a complete strip and clean out the rest of the goo that is all over the rest of the small parts. Again, the tutorials and pictures that Bullseye has posted will be vital to a successful return to usable condition. Have fun and enjoy your new pistol. Too bad your state doesn't believe in 2nd amendment freedom - they are even more fun to shoot with a suppressor.
God bless our troops...especially our snipers.

LaRue Tactical bumper sticker

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:41 pm

Good to hear you were successful cleaning it and at the range. The first detail cleaning is always the hardest. They are a blast to shoot. :D
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911