How yall doing?

Discuss .22 pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

mikeb123

How yall doing?

Post by mikeb123 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:59 pm

I didnt see a new member thread,so Ima start here!!
Being fiddling with guns most of my 52 years.Just recently started a part time job at my friends smithing and selling shop.He has been smithing bout 35 years,so Ima learn all i can..We had a Ruger 22/45 that had been "locked up"!
You could not field strip it to clean cuz the hammer was in the wrong position.
I came on this site and snoped around some,saw a load of great infomation,registered and found what I needed for the 22/45. Went to the shop next day told my boss"Ima shoot this gun bfore I leave tonite...He says "O Yea",,,Yep I am".. Drifted out the hammer pin(if I call things by the wrong name,sorry) then things started rattling around inside the pistol...O yea here we go..tapped on the bolt stop pin and finished the field stripping..needless to say it looked like scramble eggs inside,,by the way I never had one of these apart..cleaned all the parts and started the re-assembly.The first 2 times had things in the wrong places(Hammer spring shaft),but with some help from my boss and teardown book.I loaded the magazine and popped off some rounds.
Kind proud of myself,first time and all...(po dog wont wag his on tail)
thanks for the site and listenin to my story!!
mikeb

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:28 pm

Welcome to Guntalk-Online Mike! I'm sure you'll find even more good info here in the future. Here's a link to my service page where you can find some great detailed instructions on the Mark II and Mark III series pistols http://www.guntalk-online.com/service.html

R,
Bullseye

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:05 am

Mike, Welcome to GTO.

A lot of us here broke out teeth on detail servicing the MK's with help from Bullseye service pages, I know I did. The polymer frames are a little different than the steel frames ones. Glad you were able to master it.
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911

Coach1
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Welcome Mike

Post by Coach1 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:40 pm

Welcome to the forum. There are more than a few members here who are ready to share what knowledge we have. And it is always great to hear "stories" from the real world.

Come back often and keep posting.
"You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometimes, you just might find, you get what you need." The Rolling Stones

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by ruger22 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:23 pm

:welcome

Good folks and info here. I too drifted here in a search for information on mods to a Mark III. With Mr. Bullseye's and other's postings, I soon knew more than I needed to know, and I'm stiil learning on most every visit!
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols