Kudos to Bullseye! Thank You!

Discuss .22 pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

jstanfield103
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Kudos to Bullseye! Thank You!

Post by jstanfield103 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:48 am

Bullseye, I just wanted to tell you how much I appreciate you and you're expertise. I have been posting on my S&W model 41 FTE problems ever since I have had the gun. I sold both of my Ruger Mark III, just because I felt I bought the best 22 Target pistol made in America.
On one post you told me the following "In the past I've used a match .22 cal chamber reamer on M-41's to eliminate the ejection issues. Some barrels get peened on the end by the slide and that places more friction on the spent casing causing weak ejections and jams. A light chamber reaming usually solves the problem. One of my personal M-41's was a jam-o-matic until I gave the chamber a chase with the reamer many years ago. Back then I couldn't get through two five round magazines without a jam. I cannot remember when the last time was I had a ejection failure with it since."
I ordered the Reamer that you suggested, this morning I reamed the chamber out and fired 200 rounds through it. Man what a difference that reamer made. Out of the 200 rounds just Bulk Federal ammo (that is all I had on hand) I had "0" FTE. I fired slowly, quickly and in between. Not one problem.

Thanks!
The price of the reamer $40.00 was worth it.

By jstanfield at 2011-11-28

radio
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by radio » Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:58 pm

Good information about the reamer. I probably needed one a year or so ago for a rifle that I was working on, but sold it recently to somebody that wanted it a little more than I did.

Best of luck and hope the FT whatevers stay away for good.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:39 am

I'm glad you have solved your pistol's ejection issues. Now you'll be able to spend some quality range time out with your target pistol, and you won't have to spend an arm and a leg to shoot with it.

Does this mean you're no longer considering the hoodless Clark barrel? I have finally located the shortend (hoodless) factory M41 bull barrel I mentioned earlier, after much searching, and was about to do the photography for you. However if you're pleased with your M-41 in its present configuration and aren't planning on investing in an expensive replacement barrel, I can forgo the extra time I'd spend photographing and uploading the pictures.

Go out and enjoy that pistol!

R,
Bullseye

jstanfield103
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by jstanfield103 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:00 am

Bullseye, you are exactly right. I am going to forgo the Clark barrel now. I even ordered the S&W 7" barrel without the rear sight from S&W yesterday, it was only $198.00 dollars. That way I can put the two scopes on the two barrels and just switch the barrels out.
I mentioned you and you're fix on RimFirecentral also. There is at least one person there going to try it, he has already ordered the reamer.
Yes I really enjoyed shoot it yesterday, I didn't have to keep looking for the stove pipes and could concentrate and enjoy the shoot and gun.

Thanks for the help.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:18 pm

I used to post frequently over on RFC but now there's too many bozo's over there that want to start arguments rather than get their firearms fixed.

R,
Bullseye

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:31 pm

Bullseye wrote:I used to post frequently over on RFC but now there's too many bozo's over there that want to start arguments rather than get their firearms fixed.

R,
Bullseye
Yes and your statement is being kind to them
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

jstanfield103
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by jstanfield103 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:50 pm

I sure wish I have found this site sooner, but someone on RFC turned me on to this site and it was much appreciated.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:08 pm

Well, you've found us now and that's what counts.

R,
Bullseye

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:21 pm

bearandoldman wrote:
Bullseye wrote:I used to post frequently over on RFC but now there's too many bozo's over there that want to start arguments rather than get their firearms fixed.

R,
Bullseye
Yes and your statement is being kind to them
That's an Under Statement.
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911