BuckMark ejector/replace

Discuss .22 pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

mikeAZ

BuckMark ejector/replace

Post by mikeAZ » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:11 pm

Bought a used BuckMark... Had a few failures to eject, upon inspection the ejector is blunted/worn/short. (Checked against 2 other BuckMarks). Parts are on their way from Brownells. The gun is dissasembled but it seems a little mysterious as how to replace it.... I'm guessing here... that I need to bend the bottom of the wire ejector to near straight up and down and pry it out??? There are also 2 dimples on top of the frame ... Prehaps to keep it square when the shell case strikes it??? Thanks in advance!!! Mike

mikeAZ

fixed? We will see

Post by mikeAZ » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:15 pm

Well, I dove into this one. Browning "tech" service was of NO help.. All I asked was that if the ejector was "pinned" in, "no gunsmith advice over the phone" (I was already pretty sure it was). There are "dimples" on each side of the ejector in the frame. (locks it in). After GENTLY" removing as little metal as possible. "The ejector will "pop" out after the channel it sits in is cleared. (Used a regular kitchen knife as a pry bar). Then, I installed the new ejector (Brownells). Mind you, I tore the whole gun apart and polished the hammer and sear/ polished the small parts, set screw in trigger, had LOTS of metal milled from the barrel while I was at it. (I don't think it was necessary to do any of this work to replace the ejector. It could be done by just removing the slide assembly). I have come to the following conclusion: THE EJECTOR was NOT that "bad" (short)......I think that "it" had just loosened/or/ moved/or/not "staked" down well enough from the factory and just moved to the rear from normal use.. It can move to the rear, thus "shorting" it and cause poor or no ejection because of a poor stake. I say that because after my work?, I ran a few rounds thru it and after 6 or so I was noticing "weak" ejection again?. (My other BuckMarks are "robust" with their ejection). SO, IF you are having this issue?.... Re-stake the ejector before doing a replacement, (you will see it move forward if it has loosened). Note: correct location of the nose of the ejector is about mid-way of the second "notch" of the magazine.... mine was well back from this... Hope this helps someone in the future. PIC is not too clear/has mag installed... see 2nd notch in your mag. It's something to check. Mike

Last edited by mikeAZ on Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:21 am

Sorry I don't know much on the browning... I'm suprised Greener didn't weigh in on this one, he's got a couple of Brownings. How did you re-stake it? And you milled some material from the barrel? Sure would like so see a Photo or two of your work if you could, I'm always trying to learn something new.
"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."

-John Wayne

Yleefox
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by Yleefox » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:36 pm

MikeAZ

Glad u got the gun fixed. If you have a camera, a couple of photos of the correct placement of the part might be of help to others.

Y

mikeAZ

PICS, on my way?

Post by mikeAZ » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:57 pm

Doesn't look like I know how to post pics here... I went into my profile.... seems fine ....added "Photobucket".. top & side after milling (LOT'S of metal left).

Last edited by mikeAZ on Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:58 pm, edited 5 times in total.

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:47 pm

You must use a remote hosting site for posting pictures. Once you have one of free hosting site (photobucket, imageshack), you upload your photos. Then the photo will provide you with the tag to just copy/past into forums. It's always best to resize the photo to 640x480 when posting on forums. This helps those who are on dial-up and it will not overrun the screen.
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911

mikeAZ

pics? got photobucket and 1 pic...

Post by mikeAZ » Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:22 pm

I'll see if I can get anymore pics... they seem too large?..reblued after vapor hone on barrel (Brownells). Used ball mill on top & bottom 4 flute on sides.

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:50 pm

Nice milling job! That must have taken a few ounces off the front... Did you leave the top where the front sight mounts high or did that get recessed too? A two tone duracoat paint job with the flutes black and the rest a lighter color would look stellar and give very good corrosion resistance.
"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."

-John Wayne

mikeAZ

barrel

Post by mikeAZ » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:11 pm

I thought about a two-tone job.... probably going to " V port" the stock barrel as I've got another. I wanted to make sure the gun is 100% before I put the Alchin mount & C-More back on. This gun is primarly a steel plate gun. Did the sear spring thingie.... Might be too light for some people...
I like it.