S&W Model 41 Slide Stop/ Ejector Question.

Discuss .22 pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

jstanfield103
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

S&W Model 41 Slide Stop/ Ejector Question.

Post by jstanfield103 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:15 pm

1st of all, this is my first post to this forum. I found this forum through googling the above subject. I want to say HI to everyone.
Now to my question.
I have a 1960 S&W model 41, that has had bad ejection problems. I have replaced the extractor and it's spring. The FTE has subsided, almost completely gone now. But I also bought a new Slide Stop/Ejector for it. The new extractor is a longer one than the original of 51 years. Has anyone here fit the new extractor and if so how exactly did you do it?

Thanks for any help in advance.

jstanfield103
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by jstanfield103 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:21 am

Well after much debate and looking, I finally get the Slide Stop/Ejector fitted. It took a lot of work and a lot of filling and sanding with 800 and 2000 grit sand paper. But after 2.5 hours it works great. I even had to adjust my Hogue grips a little. But I am very very happy I did buy the new Slide Stop/ Ejector assembly. It ejects the cartridges very well. No matter how fast or slow you hand eject them. Will no better after the range, but have no doubt it will work just fine. Like I said the ejector part is twice as big as the old style ejectors. Can't wait till the range tomorrow. Good day! Life is Good !!

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:05 am

Welcome to GTO

The authority on the 41's is Bullseye. Sometimes he's busy and does not have to check in as often as we would like at times. Glad you got it fitted ok.
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:32 pm

Welcome to Guntalk-Online!

As previously mentioned I do get busy at times. Sounds like you've accomplished the task without any guidance from me. As you have found out you may have to file back the ejector hook considerably for positive ejection. You may also want to inspect very closely the Manual Safety Spring Plate, they can crack and break over many years of use.

R,
Bullseye

jstanfield103
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by jstanfield103 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:18 pm

Thanks Bullseye, I will check. I did not notice it being cracked when fitting the ejector.