22/45 w/ Pac Lite barrel, can't remove the bolt??

Discuss .22 pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

mikeAZ

22/45 w/ Pac Lite barrel, can't remove the bolt??

Post by mikeAZ » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:04 pm

A new one for me.... Was going to do a detail clean of my 22/45. I can't get the bolt out?? ... Looks like the recoil spring is setting too high OR have I lost my MIND??? I can't remmember bolt removal as being a problem....It definately does not just slide out... The gun has been working just fine..???? What am I forgetting? Mike

bigfatdave
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bigfatdave » Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:33 pm

could your hammer have gotten forward and your hammer strut caught on a cross-pin?

I assume you have the MSH out, so the hammer is all I can think of that can prevent bolt travel, other than a broken or out of place part.

Hopefully Dr Bullseye will be along to tell you what's wrong (and why I am incorrect) any moment, if I couldn't help.

stewswanson

Strut

Post by stewswanson » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:17 pm

Think bigfatdave is right on the money. Look in the back and you will see the strut caught. Just pull back on it and the bolt will be free to travel all the way back.- Stew

mikeAZ

Post by mikeAZ » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:28 am

:roll: Well, I had to get the plastic hammer out..... The "Pac Lite" barrel had a big burr on the inside where the Ruger locking system rests at lock...a machinist's de-burring tool took care of that. who would have thought???.... I had also installed the Brownells extra power bolt spring... (it's just a tad larger O.D wise), remove it "just in case". During normal operation, the gun functioned fine, it was only a problem when I dissasembled for a "deep clean. One other thing, I found that "Weigand" brand rear scope mount screw was a bit to long and could drag on the bolt... quick work with a file took care of that "...live and learn....