Browning BuckMark, trigger won't reset

Discuss .22 pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

mikeAZ

Browning BuckMark, trigger won't reset

Post by mikeAZ » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:21 pm

The trigger won't reset. Bought a nice looking used BuckMark. The gun looks to be very low round count..... I have not gotting to far in to it yet. All parts look to be in place. (I have another to compair with). There was no warranty with this.... (it's in too nice of condition to have too much wrong with it). I'm ignorant when it comes to the Buckmark??? When empty, I can cycle the slide and the trigger will reset BUT loaded, it will fire one round, chamber the next round BUT no trigger reset...Any Ideas?.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:58 am

Two come to mind. One is take a look at the disconnector and make sure it is not obstructed by residue. Two is ensure that someone didn't attempt a trigger lightening by monkeying with the trigger return spring. Right now taking apart and deep cleaning it may be your best bet to solve the problem.

R,
Bullseye

mikeAZ

Fixed

Post by mikeAZ » Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:37 pm

Thanks for the reply... I stripped the pistol... the problem was that the long leg of the sear spring was not centered in the slot, it was off to one side... not applying any tension to it...I couldn't take it back to the dealer as the barrel spent some time on my buddies mill getting lightened a bunch. Now I have to place a rock on it so as to keep it on the table!! :roll: :roll:

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:37 pm

Yep, if that sear spring is not in the "V" groove it will not work properly.

R,
Bullseye