Vortex Crossfire 2x20 EER Pistol Scope

Discuss .22 pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

CigarSmoker

Vortex Crossfire 2x20 EER Pistol Scope

Post by CigarSmoker » Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:19 pm

I've just installed a Vortex Crossfire 2x20 EER Pistol Scope on my MKIII Hunter! Ordered the medium-height Vortex rings with the scope, but discovered that removing the rear sight would be necessary to use those. Picked up some Leupold high-height rings, allowing me to leave the rear sight in place. Got it bore-sighted dead-on at 30 yards (in my backyard) using the LaserLyte boresighter. Now ready to see how well this baby shoots!! I had an Osprey Red Dot on the pistol before, but had to send it back for warranty replacement. While waiting for the slow boat from China, I decided I'd try a little magnification (2x fixed) to assist these tired old eyes!! I will post a report of shooting results once I actually get to shoot again!

“Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.”
- George Burns -

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:00 pm

I had a 2x on my MKIII and as long as your using a rest to steady its just fine. You will find if your using it for tree rats that you need to shoot with both eyes open or you will loose track of them. The reason I like the red dots over scopes on pistols.

If your just punching holes in paper there really pretty nice.
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911

CigarSmoker

Post by CigarSmoker » Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:10 pm

Shot the MKIII with the new scope today. The laser boresighter had it bulls eyed at 100 feet!
I still like the red dot better. Target acquisition with the Osprey is definitely much easier!
Probably need to give the scope a chance to get to know me!! (Accurate from bench rest – standing not so good)
My brand new factory replacement for the Osprey just arrived!!!!
I will eventually take the scope off and reinstall the dot. Switch back & forth as needed depending on the mood of the day

All part of the fun with the gun hobby!!! Try this, buy that...What's next?

GREAT forum here!!!!!! Education at its finest!!!!
“Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.”
- George Burns -

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:56 am

Like anything new it takes some adjusting to get used to it. Scope shooting is different than using a dot and lots of practice helps the shooter feel comfortable with what they are seeing through the optics.

R,
Bullseye