just a little to light 1lb 14 oz

Discuss .22 pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:12 am

dopey137 wrote:I have a ruger p85 -9mm at 6 and a smith 39 at 5
I find the smith has a habit of double tapping (can't be me)
the only pistols I would even consider bringing down the pull would be for the range - never on my personal protection pieces
I know from experience that an accidental discharge is too easy
just watch the idiots on the range that have no training
I have worked range safety when I was in the military
talk about a dangerous job
Range safety officer sounds pretty dangerous, maybe directly behind the shooter or better yest behind a hill at least a 110 yards away. Have seen some pretty poor gun handlers at open us supervised ranges myself, like shooting when I am walking down to change tagrgets when range has been called cold. Prefer the indoor range I use now, all automated target carriers and the shooters have been pretty well screened by the premium member and the staff, we keep an eye on the first timers.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

Catbird

Post by Catbird » Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:03 am

In all the years I've been shooting, I had an unintentional double tap one time a year or two ago. I was shooting one of my Walther P99s at an indoor range and was concentrating on my trigger reset and my groups so much that before I knew it...BOOM! - BOOM!. It scared the heck outta me so badly that I had to set the gun down and walk away for a few minutes till I could compose myself. I sure learned a good lesson that day. :oops: