Beretta Neos problem

Discuss .22 pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

BudE

Beretta Neos problem

Post by BudE » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:52 pm

To begin with, this problem is of my own making. I didn't do my homework. Bought a used Neos. It was the old safety and it was broken. Called Beretta and they said about two and a half weeks turnaround time sent me UPS prepaid sticker. They've now had it about five weeks. Called this morning and they told me it would be another week or two weeks. Told him I'd bought two Berettas in one; the first and the last. In my opinion really lousy customer service. It says on their web site that they are currently working on items that came in the week of 4 July. Asked him if those that came in this week had a chance of being finished in 2012. Guy I talked to got pretty defensive then.

Coach1
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

customer service horror stories

Post by Coach1 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:27 pm

Hi Bud,
Your experience w/ Beretta is unfortunate.. but surprisingly not unique. Although there are gun manufacturers who are committed to excellent customer service .. there are other that seem to give it lip-service / marketing noise only.

Although I have no experience with Beretta.. I can report that Para USA
- just down the road in Charlotte NC - is setting up as a poster child for poor customer service.

Their explanations for slow actions and missed commitments echo yours.. That is: lifetime warranty to original owners.. lots of work to do and months-long backlog. I have seen responses that the repair staff are not allowed to pull service parts from the mfg line stock. They have to wait for separate parts runs for service's needs.
"You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometimes, you just might find, you get what you need." The Rolling Stones

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:42 pm

The Neos has not had a good reputation. Beretta really has taken a beating on that model. Backlogs on the repair line are not uncommon and I'm sure that the service center has had many unhappy customers to interact with for warranty work. Patience is key in circumstances like these, remember the guy on the other end of the line is just the messenger.

R,
Bullseye

BudE

Post by BudE » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:45 pm

Unfortunately, Coach, I've had my experience with a Para warthog. That wasn't my fault. I didn't have access to all this on-line info then. I should have researched Beretta a little better and found out what half assed service they give.

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by ruger22 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:26 am

My experience has, somewhat fortunately, been only with Beretta parts. It could take as long as 10 weeks to get a part when Beretta did it in-house.

Then they contracted Brownell's to do it about a year and a half ago. It's still slow, as Beretta is not shipping to Brownell's any better than they did to customers. It leaves Brownell's in the middle, taking a lot of heat for something they can't control. Since Brownell's doesn't charge extra when back-ordered stuff causes a second shipment, they've lost some green, I'm sure.

This is one reason for my deciding to have a good stock of parts for all my guns. I started with the most likely needed parts for my Bobcats. They were such a pain to get, I decided to get the list. I have at least one of everything but a barrel, slide, or frame.
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols