Adjustable Trigger for MKII

Discuss .22 pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:23 am

The Delta method sure does make the adjustment go smoother. When VQ saw it, they redesigned their new triggers to have extra material underneath to allow for the Delta style adjusting screw.

R,
Bullseye

Tbag
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Delta Method

Post by Tbag » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:25 am

Pardon one who wants to learn, just what is the Delta method.

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:36 am

Bullseye wrote:The Delta method sure does make the adjustment go smoother. When VQ saw it, they redesigned their new triggers to have extra material underneath to allow for the Delta style adjusting screw.

R,
Bullseye
That was a good ieea but once the screw is adjusted you do not have to mess with it again. Would be good for the guy who puts the gun together and does not have enough travel to reset or release the trigger as he can do it externally. Got mine adjusted when I first installed tehm and have no had to mess with them since.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

Ripsaw
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Ripsaw » Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:31 am

I saw the Pre-travel delta method in one of the stickies either here or at one of the other forums. I did mine the original way that does not allow for external adjustment. I did mine by hand without a drill press. There is no way I would attempt angled thread tapping by hand.

The delta method is a superior modification to add external pre-travel trigger adjustment on a Mk series pistol. It was a good design and marketing decision for VQ to make a good product even better.

Ripsaw

Eddie A

Re: Delta Method

Post by Eddie A » Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:04 pm

Tbag wrote:Pardon one who wants to learn, just what is the Delta method.
Hi Tbag,

Below is the link to the "Delta" mod.

http://www.guntalk-online.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12

Cheers!
Eddie

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:31 pm

In a nutshell, the pretravel adjusting screw is drilled upwards at an angle making it accessible from the outside of the pistol. This method greatly shortens the time it takes to adjust out the pretravel properly. The other way required several disassemblies to get the adjustment right.

R,
Bullseye

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:58 pm

Bullseye wrote:In a nutshell, the pretravel adjusting screw is drilled upwards at an angle making it accessible from the outside of the pistol. This method greatly shortens the time it takes to adjust out the pretravel properly. The other way required several disassemblies to get the adjustment right.

R,
Bullseye
Yes it did, but once done there is no need to have any access except to give you something to keep adjusting until you get it all messed up. Harv seen guys with adjustable stocks shooting skeet and adjusting between rounds and them between stations until the could hardly hit anything at all.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

Tbag
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Tbag » Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:05 pm

Any day is a good day to learn something new, Today was my day. Thankyou