Minor makeover on Mark II target

Discuss .22 pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Redleg

Minor makeover on Mark II target

Post by Redleg » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:42 pm

Well, one of my local gunstores had a used Mark II Target on the consignment shelf. The gun was a little dirty and neglected, but when I inspected it it was pretty clear that the gun had no corrosion and very few nicks or dings. (A couple on the rear sight probably from either holster abrasion or screwdriver adustments.) Anyway, out came the checkbook. The gun shoots fantastic.

I had intended for this gun to just be a "knock around gun." You know, the kind that you use and abuse. Problem is, she shoots so well and so reliably, I decided to spend some money on her and really pretty her up. So here she is now:

The thumb-rest grip is really nice, and so is the Hi-Viz sight. I didn't intend for this to be one of my very favorite guns, but what can one do? This gun shoots tiny groups and never, ever jams even on some of the cheap ammunition I cycled through it. :D

greener

Post by greener » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:52 am

Looked good to start and looks very nice with the additions. Good find. I think if I happened across something like that, I'd have yet another Ruger.

Of course, being a used Ruger, it probably won't hold up for more than 250,000-500,000 rounds before you need repair. :lol:

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:18 am

Nice find. I doubt you will ever shoot one out in your life time. But I would sure like to be able to try it though. :D The SS is very durable and you really don't have to worry about corrosion like you do on Blue guns. So you can still use it a knock around and look good too.
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911

Baldy
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by Baldy » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:57 am

Nothing says a knock around gun can't be accurate and look good too. You got both in that pistol. Good luck with it... :)

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:39 pm

I really like the look of the stainless KMK512's. You should get a lot of enjoyment out of your new pistol.

R,
Bullseye

Redleg

Post by Redleg » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:14 am

I've now put over 500 rounds through her. Excepting one flat-out dud round, which I simply ejected, not a single hiccup using cheap Federal 525. This gun is a real shooter. I do like the front Hi Viz fiber optical sight. Even in the crummy light at our local range it helps a lot.