New MKIII 22/45

Discuss .22 pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

greener

Post by greener » Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:16 pm

The other range I use tells you not to pick up brass, but wants you only to shoot at the targets. The pistol only range has a lowered part of the roof line (steel plate covered with a 2x6) to keep rounds from going high. The place was out in the sticks and now is getting surrounded by $500k homes. They do allow full automatic fire on the rifle ranges. Now, all I need is a small fortune to afford a full auto weapon and license and a larger fortune to afford the ammo.

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:01 pm

greener wrote:The other range I use tells you not to pick up brass, but wants you only to shoot at the targets. The pistol only range has a lowered part of the roof line (steel plate covered with a 2x6) to keep rounds from going high. The place was out in the sticks and now is getting surrounded by $500k homes. They do allow full automatic fire on the rifle ranges. Now, all I need is a small fortune to afford a full auto weapon and license and a larger fortune to afford the ammo.
Our club her in Saginaw was out in the middle of nowhere at one time but is getting the same way with homes and business. Luckily some years ago the Governor at that time Engler signed a bill that grandfathered old ranges and protected them from noise regulations. Our local township chief is on our side and politely tells the complainers to go away and not bother us. We did close down our rifle and pesto ranges because of inadequate berms to protect the neighboring golf course driving range. We still have 65 acres about 1/2 wooded and have a very nice sporting clays course and I set the course and work with the golf course owners son to keep shot fall off of their property and we are good neighbors.
A full auto gun would be fun to own for about a half hour and when the novelty wore off you would no longed care for it. The indoor range I belong to under the past ownership used to show a have a machine gun shoot once a month, You watched a movie and the could rent a full auto and under supervising fire it all the ammo you were willing to buy for a fee of 20 bucks per gun and buy the range ammo. After the 1st couple of times they did not get any repeat customers so the dropped it and the new range owner will not allow full autos and he organized the SWAT team in Detroit and has worked for the DOE as an instructor. Seem some full auto shooters cause about 30 grand of damage to a rnge downastate and wore out their welcome.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.