VQ Sear/Trigger Issue.

Discuss .22 pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

hotroderx

VQ Sear/Trigger Issue.

Post by hotroderx » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:42 pm

Not really sure whats going on but I installed a VQ sear and Trigger into my Mk III 22/45. It worked great at the range until ruffly 275 rounds had been shot thought it.

All of a sudden you would pull the trigger and nothing you could push the trigger forward and feel a snap then it would fire.

My guess is the top screw in the trigger is coming lose and needs to be locktighted...

I did adjust the trigger screw at home and it seems to be working once more. Does this make since to you guys or do you think it could be something else.

I am sorry if what I am trying to explain does not make since. I am not really sure the technical terms.

I did use the spring that came with the trigger perhaps its to light?

Other thing I noticed (this might have been the federal ammo) was that some of the rounds did not fire they had no firing pin mark on them. But I also noticed some of the federal was not seated will and cased the gun to not fully go into battery.

Thanks guys in advance sorry I seem to post so many questions.

stewswanson

Post by stewswanson » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:53 pm

Sounds like your pretavel screw is moving and needs some blue locktight.
Your initial adjustment was apparently OK. Readjust and locktight. The spring that comes with the trigger will proabably give you less than 2# pull.
I used the original to keep mine over 2#.
Stew

hotroderx

Post by hotroderx » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:57 pm

stewswanson wrote:Sounds like your pretavel screw is moving and needs some blue locktight.
Your initial adjustment was apparently OK. Readjust and locktight. The spring that comes with the trigger will proabably give you less than 2# pull.
I used the original to keep mine over 2#.
Stew

Cool what I was thinking and I gonna change out the spring also I don't care for the super light weight one to tell ya the truth. Glad to know I am learning this stuff slowly only really been tinkering with guns for about 3 months now.. So i don't 100% trust my self with diagnosing issues

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by ruger22 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:10 pm

I did the whole VQ kit and disconnector, with the stock springs. My Mark III Target is light enough, at I would guess about three pounds. I never tried them, but I know I would not have liked the lighter springs, either.
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:23 am

Hotroderx, Your diag is correct. What you describe is the disconnector not resetting. Re adjusting the pre-travel screw and loctite it and you should be good to go. If you did not loctite the post travel screw you better do it too. All of the pounding just shakes things out of adj.
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911