Good day @ the range - "transformed MKIII"

Discuss .22 pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

wagon

Good day @ the range - "transformed MKIII"

Post by wagon » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:34 pm

Finally went to an indoor range to sight in the "transformer", I am very pleased with the decision to transform the MKIII with a 22/45 barrel.

In my case, using the "no smith mount" on the original Standard upper raised the red dot so high that I could not get a good balance and it put the scope too high for me. Now the scope is sitting where it needs to be and it feel much more balance.

I'm glad that I transform the MKIII standard, especially for the same cost (for where I am) to drill and tap the Standard upper.

1st pix is 25 ft. 2nd pix is 40 ft. Ammo is Winchester 333 bulk.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:39 am

I can see why you're real happy with the performance of that one.

R,
Bullseye

Coach1
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Mk III improved

Post by Coach1 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:28 pm

Wagon. Nice shooting. I left my 22/45 slab-side with the gunsmith to drill / tap last Friday. I hope I get similar results with my new Red Dot.
"You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometimes, you just might find, you get what you need." The Rolling Stones

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:06 pm

Looks like the transformation turned out very good..
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911

Baldy
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by Baldy » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:25 pm

A fine gun just makes a man shoot better. Good luck with it and good shooting. :)

greener

Post by greener » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:02 pm

Nice change and a nice shooter

wagon

Post by wagon » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:31 pm

Thanks for the kind words.. me never a good shoot, need a lot of continuing practice.

Towards the tail end of the range session, I did start to feel the weight of the BB and the scope... I may need to get one of those a holo sights such as FastFire or Quickshot etc..

Thanks!

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:14 am

wagon wrote:Thanks for the kind words.. me never a good shoot, need a lot of continuing practice.

Towards the tail end of the range session, I did start to feel the weight of the BB and the scope... I may need to get one of those a holo sights such as FastFire or Quickshot etc..

Thanks!
the reflex sights are nice but some of them do not show up good in bright sunlight, welcome and just enjoy. The only one I am out to impress is myself and I am easily pleased.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

greener

Post by greener » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:32 pm

bearandoldman wrote:
wagon wrote:Thanks for the kind words.. me never a good shoot, need a lot of continuing practice.

Thanks!
the reflex sights are nice but some of them do not show up good in bright sunlight, welcome and just enjoy. The only one I am out to impress is myself and I am easily pleased.
I didn't have that problem with an NCStar reflex sight, but after a short time, it wouldn't hold zero for more than a couple rounds.

PS. I haven't had a bad day at the range. Just some better than others.

Yleefox
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by Yleefox » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:46 am

Nice gun and good job with the shooting.