Discuss .22 pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

mark II
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Marvel

Post by mark II » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:27 am

Hi All,
I have been trying to locate a marvel trigger for my Ruger for sometime now with no luck. I emailed Marvel again and received this reply. If someone has been looking for one of these triggers or if you simply want to upgrade your Ruger to have an adjustable trigger now is the time. Give Marvel a call or email and show them your interest.
Thanks,
Mark II

Hi Doug,

No I am sorry but we do not make the Ruger MKII triggers anymore. We did
not have any call for them so we discontinued them. Lately however, we have
been getting a lot of calls for them, so I will talk to the owners to see if
we could have a small batch run.

Sincerely,

Sheila VanLaningham
Manager
Marvel Precision LLC
402-791-2211

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:41 pm

Makes sense not to stock something with limited demand. VQ captured most of the aftermarket triggers with their adjustable version.

R,
Bullseye

ronn

Re: Marvel

Post by ronn » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:38 pm

If you ever shoot a properly Marvel set up for Bullseye, you will forget about any other gun you ever owned. I like mine much better than the Rugers and 41's I own, and have owned. Don't just mount it on a 1911, you need the entire gun set up for .22.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:36 am

I agree that a properly adjusted and fitted Marvel .22 conversion is great on a 1911 frame. One real issue with the Marvel is the Colt Ace magazines that is uses. The Colt Magazines are very sensitive on their feed lips and any variances of tolerances result in misfeeds or overrides. I actually have the measurements Bob Marvel wrote in a paper about functioning issues with his conversions. Bob Marvel

Just to keep this thread on track, the original poster was discussing the lack of availability of the Marvel adjustable target triggers for the Ruger .22 Auto.

R,
Bullseye
Last edited by Bullseye on Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:19 am, edited 3 times in total.

Tbag
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Tbag » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:51 am

Have you tried begging for one from one of the Marvel Tech's, don't have one stashed in an old tool box/drawer? Send a letter straight to the owners, you never know what could happen if your really nice.

ronn

Post by ronn » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:32 pm

Targettalk - I put in what I thought was my user name and cannot get my password. It says user name is incorrect. Can you advise me on how to find out my user name and password again?
Thanx
Ron

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:32 am

Who ever moderates/admins that forum can reset your password if you contact them.

R,
Bullseye

Ben B.

Post by Ben B. » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:52 am

Also a non sequitur, but the poly mags from Marvel that have been out for a few years have been FAR FAR better for me than the out-of-spec metal Ace mags they were selling.

I have a Marvel trigger on my MKII, and just picked up a 22/45 MkIII, and am disappointed that the Marvel trigger is no longer available. Does the VQ trigger still come very wide, and extend past the sides of the guard?

Is there any conventional wisdom on the Clark vs the VQ trigger?

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:30 am

VQ discontinued the wide stainless target trigger. They now have a newer version that is adjustable for both pretravel and overtravel.

Clark triggers are slightly oversized and most need to be fitted individually to the frame. They don't have the pretravel screw but because of the fitting typically don't need one. The VQ target trigger is easier to install and adjust for the person who isn't into a lot of hand fitting with a file.

I've used the Kimber polymer 22 conversion magazines with success with my Marvel conversion.

R,
Bullseye

Ben B.

Post by Ben B. » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:07 am

Excellent, thank you Bullseye. A few more questions from a guy who was into MkIIs several years ago and not since:

Is there a one-shop stop for Clark bushing and VQ trigger?

Are blast shields still available, the type that Bill X had at Rimfire Custom (Sports & Custom?)?

It used to be that you could buy the parts from Ruger and assemble yourself for the best price in mags, is that still working? If not, what is the best place to pick up add'l 22/45 magazines?

Thank you,

Ben

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:16 pm

Unfortunately no, the Clark Mark II oversized hammer bushings are only available from Clark Custom. You can buy the other VQ parts from RS&C if you choose.

The blast shields you refer to are no longer made from On-Target Guns, Bill went out of business many years ago. At one time he liquidated his last blast shields on e-bay. Folks have made their own out of soda cans and such for many years since. I believe there is even a reference here on GTOL for making your own. http://www.guntalk-online.com/forum/vie ... php?t=1175

Ruger closed the "individual magazine parts are cheaper than the whole assembly" loophole several years back. As I understand it, some enterprising folks were buying all the parts and then undercutting the retail cost that Ruger was asking for their .22 magazines. Really kind of "ticked" them off, especially when they were disassembling mass amounts of whole magazines in order to fill the suddenly large quantity order requests for parts.

Midway USA frequently runs special prices on Ruger magazines, two or three times a year. Keep an eye out for their flyers and then pick up those extras you need.

R,
Bullseye
Last edited by Bullseye on Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ben B.

Post by Ben B. » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:19 pm

Very good, thank you, sir.

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:06 pm

There is a guy on rimfirecentral that sells the blast shields. Under the MKIII thread if I recall. He also sells a filler piece if you remove the LCI.
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911

Coach1
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

22/45 parts

Post by Coach1 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:48 pm

I bought the VQ trigger and the Mark II hammer bushing from Brownells last September.
* Stock number 930-012-002 VCTT VQ Target Trigger. $35.56. Has both pre- & over-travel adjusting screws. Use the included return spring and plunger
* Stock number 930-000-056 Mark II Hammer bushing $7.99.
* S&H was $5.35.

Installation was straight forward. Just watch out for the safety switch spring / plunger when working the Mag disconnect safety and hammer bushing. They are tiny, tend to pop out and are easy to lose.
"You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometimes, you just might find, you get what you need." The Rolling Stones

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:48 am

Just watch out for the safety switch spring / plunger when working the Mag disconnect safety and hammer bushing. They are tiny, tend to pop out and are easy to lose.
Tip: If you use a dab of grease on the detent plunger and spring it will stay in place and not fall out easily.
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911