GSC 1911 22LR? Chiappa 1911 22 LR

Discuss .22 pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

greener

Post by greener » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:10 pm

They are proud of their used guns. Gander Mountain and Bass Pro put in stores close to them.They raised their prices and still are the low priced spread. I've been able to negotiate with them.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:06 pm

You should get a volume discount the way you're going here lately.

R,
Bullseye

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:44 pm

Bullseye wrote:You should get a volume discount the way you're going here lately.

R,
Bullseye
According to the law in Virginia as the Greener understands it you have to buy one gun a month minimum.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by ruger22 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:36 pm

bearandoldman wrote: According to the law in Virginia as the Greener understands it you have to buy one gun a month minimum.
Well then, since my Mark III in 11-08, I'm about twenty guns behind. I could get the credit card white hot, as my cash budget can't do even one right now....... :(

I don't know if there are ten guns I'd want, so many are plastic now.
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:39 pm

ruger22 wrote:
bearandoldman wrote: According to the law in Virginia as the Greener understands it you have to buy one gun a month minimum.
Well then, since my Mark III in 11-08, I'm about twenty guns behind. I could get the credit card white hot, as my cash budget can't do even one right now....... :(

I don't know if there are ten guns I'd want, so many are plastic now.
Nothing wrong with them, a lot of them are damn good shooters.

greener

Post by greener » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:08 pm

Bullseye wrote:You should get a volume discount the way you're going here lately.

R,
Bullseye
Trying to catch up on a misspent middle age. :lol:

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:21 am

I went into a little shop the other day and spied a nice looking SS 10/22 on the rack. Owner says, "It's a good buy at $325." The gun was lightly used and had a little Bushnell scope sitting on it. Looked like a Walmart gun with a black plastic trigger guard, hardwood stock, and the 22" stainless barrel. I passed, better deals to be found elsewhere.

R,
Bullseye

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:29 am

Bullseye wrote:I went into a little shop the other day and spied a nice looking SS 10/22 on the rack. Owner says, "It's a good buy at $325." The gun was lightly used and had a little Bushnell scope sitting on it. Looked like a Walmart gun with a black plastic trigger guard, hardwood stock, and the 22" stainless barrel. I passed, better deals to be found elsewhere.

R,
Bullseye
That in my estimation is just about a C note too much. My LGS has the standard birch stock blued carbine on the rack for $229.00 and will most likely and usually deal down to 200 or 210. Used 10/22's are usually overprice compared to a new one.

bigfatdave
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bigfatdave » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:34 am

Bullseye wrote:I went into a little shop the other day and spied a nice looking SS 10/22 on the rack. Owner says, "It's a good buy at $325." The gun was lightly used and had a little Bushnell scope sitting on it. Looked like a Walmart gun with a black plastic trigger guard, hardwood stock, and the 22" stainless barrel. I passed, better deals to be found elsewhere.
A brand new international with nice wood and real blued finish was less.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:50 am

I knew that it was way overpriced for a used 10/22, but apparently the owner thought I didn't or at least hoped I didn't know better.

R,
Bullseye

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:03 am

bigfatdave wrote:
A brand new international with nice wood and real blued finish was less.
Right you are BFD, got mine for $279.00 plus 6+% MI sales tax. But they are really hard to find, you got lucky when you got yours and so did I, to find one on the rack. Most guys have one on backorder from Lipsey's who show them as not in stock.

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:04 am

Bullseye wrote:I knew that it was way overpriced for a used 10/22, but apparently the owner thought I didn't or at least hoped I didn't know
better.

R,
Bullseye
Barnum told him that there was a sucker born every minute and he was just hoping you were it.

greener

Post by greener » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:07 pm

It would have to be a very nice gun for $325, even if it had an SS barrel. Some shops are very proud of their merchandise.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:44 pm

I'm sure they are but I am also proud of my money. Therefore, I spend it carefully but not always wisely.

R,
Bullseye

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:59 pm

Bullseye wrote:I'm sure they are but I am also proud of my money. Therefore, I spend it carefully but not always wisely.

R,
Bullseye
Me too, but I think buying guns is wise, it keeps a lot of people working. Ammo manufacturers, target printers and range owners. Just doing your bit yo keep the economy rolling.