What type sight do you like on mkii or iii?

Discuss .22 pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

CharlieBee

Post by CharlieBee » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:32 pm

ruger22 wrote:Anybody have any aftermarket iron sights? I know Volquartsen, Millet, and a few others make them. Ruger's used to be made for them by Micro, but I don't think Micro makes any these days for Mark pistols, or Ruger wheelguns, either.

Ruger's current sights could use finer clicks for competition, but work fine for my shooting needs.
I have a VQ rear and a MKII factory front on my 4.5" 22/45. That combo works well for me as an everyday bunny thumper. Shoots ok. I put Bushnell Trophy's on my 5.5" Target and 6.88" Hunter. Once I got used to picking up the red dot on the first shot, I couldn't believe how much better I could shoot. I also have a 4.5" Hunter with the factory hi-viz that I'm thinking about trying the Mueller on. Funny how suddenly old age and eye sight catches up with you on the range. Oh the things I used to take for granted!

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by ruger22 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:20 am

CharlieBee wrote: Funny how suddenly old age and eye sight catches up with you on the range. Oh the things I used to take for granted!
Amen on that. I've been in eyeglasses since I was seven, but I'm 54 now with progressive (no line) trifocals. I just can't focus on three things at once like I used to!
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols