22/45 Magazines

Discuss .22 pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

stork
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

22/45 Magazines

Post by stork » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:54 pm

I'm thinking of picking up a MKIII 22/45 with the wood grip panels. I have nothing but MKII's right now and like the feel of the new checkering and the ability to put on 1911 grip panels.

Do the magazines from the old 22/45 MKII's operate in the MKIII? I have a couple from a horse trade a few years back and it would be a bonus if they did.

Then I just need to take care of the lawyer approved "improvements" that are on the MKIII and add a decent trigger.

FWIW
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” – George Washington

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:49 pm

Yes, they'll work fine in the Mark III 22/45.

R,
Bullseye

stork
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by stork » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:37 am

Thanks Bullseye.
Stork
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” – George Washington

hutchman

Post by hutchman » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:55 pm

Just a comment......if you buy a 22/45 RP, you will not be able to get the grin off your face. Mine goes to the range with me every time and I tend to shoot if more than anything else. It is the most fun/dollar spent of any gun I have.