Big Problems MKIII 22/45

Discuss .22 pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:48 pm

No, if the pin is not loose to the point of falling out then just leave it alone - it is fine. Be sure that it is always installed after fieldstripping or damage could occur to your chamber mouth.

First round ramp strikes are typically caused by magazines with the rounds tipped forwards. Here is an example of what I mean.

The magazine that doesn't feed the top round is tilted forward. Ensure the first round looks like the magazine to the left and your ramp strikes will not occur. Just tilt the bullet nose upwards by using your fingernail and pulling back on the rim of the cartridge. Everything should work fine if the first round is aligned in the magazine properly.

Hope this helps.

R,
Bullseye

Bud33
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Bud33 » Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:50 am

As to the lock up problem, I have had the same problem and think I have figured out what the cause is.\
If you examine the hole in the mainspring housing where the hammer strut should drop into the mainspring, you may find that there are burs around the hole which will catch the strut, and not let it drop into the mainspring hole.
I have polished this ramp out, on mine, and have not had a problem since.
Bud

Beware the man who only has one gun.
HE PROBABLY KNOWS HOW TO USE IT!!!