Mk III

Discuss .22 pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

shelby1941

Mk III

Post by shelby1941 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:15 am

I have a Mk III in transit and should receive this week. I have ordered a Clark hammer bushing for a MK II to get rid of the magazine disconnect and am wondering if the LCI should be replaced with a filler plate. Although I consider the LCI useless, its not so offensive to me that I feel the need the filler plate unless it is subject to causing problems of some kind. Also would like thoughts on the VQ sear. Thanks in advance. Shelby Chastain

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:46 am

If you're replacing the hammer bushing it is worthwhile to replace the sear with one from VQ. You will get a much improved feel of the trigger with a crisper let-off. Replace the hammer bushing first, test the pistol. This way you can evaluate how much each part contributes to the overall feel of the trigger.

Unless you're experiencing feeding problems the LCI doesn't have to be removed. If you do have feeding issues, the LCI can be removed from the receiver to test and see if it is the source of the problem. If it is then perhaps a blank-off plate would be appropriate. I have several pistols that still have the LCI installed with no issues.

R,
Bullseye

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:11 am

The LCI is still in place in my MKIII. I use it as an indicator as to when to do a detail cleaning. So when I start getting stove pipes I know it time to detail clean. This lately has been between 2000-3000 rounds. I do clean the bolt and receiver every 500 rounds. I think most neglect cleaning the LCI because it can be hard to get the pin out till you learn the trick. If it does cause problems you only need to remove the inner spring that pushes on the metal plate to disable it. Make sure you do a Good Detail Cleaning once you get your gun. The factory packing grease can cause a lot of problems.
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911

greener

Post by greener » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:26 am

David, I knew there was a use for the LCI :lol:

I've left the LCI's in both my MKIII's alone. I don't use them as loaded chamber indicators, preferring the hole on the right side you get when you retract the bolt. They haven't caused any problems. But they seem to attract gunk.

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by ruger22 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:11 pm

I still like my LCI plug. I feel sure I was getting ejection and feed issues with the LCI. Plus it's ugly, and like greener said, they get gunky. My stainless filler looks good, and cleans easy.
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols

Baldy
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by Baldy » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:23 pm

On my 22/45 I just took the LCI off and left it open. On my MK-III I am goin to take the spring out of the LCI and see how that works before I use a filler. :idea:

glockeyed

Post by glockeyed » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:28 pm

fill it.

smokey
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by smokey » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:59 am

I disabled the LCI but left the indicator in place. It has no purpose now other than to fill the hole.