hunter mark lll

Discuss .22 pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

kc

Post by kc » Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:33 am

That is what I thought being the mark ll did not have the mag safety device,but it is not the case ,you still need the mark ll bushing or washers or the magsafety deactivation device to take up the space that was created by removing the other parts.So why replace hammer???
From what I understand there is not much to gain by using the mark ll hammer from vq, from what I have read on this and other forums It seems the cons outweighs the pros. I am using the washers untill my magsafety deactivation device can be machined, thanks to bullseyes drawing.I also ordered the clark mark ll hammer bushing kit so I can use the oversized pins. THIS IS ONE TACK DRIVER OF A PISTOL !!!

maximaman77

Post by maximaman77 » Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:18 pm

Is the hammer the same size between the 2 and it's just the bushings are different?

I don't have the ability to have a bushing made and the cost makes it easier for me to go the VQ/Clark route.

I just don't like having washers in there either...

kc

Post by kc » Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:29 pm

I have not miked the hammers for comparisons, but the clark bushing will work with either the oem hammer or the mark ll hammer,I have the mark ll target hammer in mine, but I could have saved the money and used the factory one.Please correct if I am wrong anyone.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:11 pm

OK, time out! Let met get this straight for everyone.

First, the Mark III hammer is narrower than the Mark II version. It is narrower in width where the hammer bushing fits. This is for the magazine disconnector lever and spring. There is a step milled into the side of the hammer to allow extra room for these components. Here's what the cut looks like.

The step can be seen in the lower portion of the hammer. The bushing in this picture is not an OEM one and has a extra level added to it to compensate for the step cut in the frame. A Mark II hammer does not have this step cut and it the same thickness all the way up and down the hammer assembly.

Here's two picture's comparing the two versions of the hammers.

First the Mark II.

Next the Mark III.

The red line shows the width of the Mark III hammer and the narrow yellow line shows where it would be if it was a Mark II hammer.

The gap in the Mark III hammer must be compensated for in the pistol. Either you use washers to take up the extra space or you have to make a special bushing for the proper fit. A Mark II hammer has a bushing that is similar to the special one but it does not have the extra level to compensate for the hammer's step cut. That is why one must use a Mark II hammer bushing with a Mark II hammer. It doesn't matter if you use a OEM Mark II hammer or a VQ Mark II hammer but a Mark II hammer bushing is requried.

A normal Mark II hammer bushing will not work with a Mark III hammer. There will be too much slack on the pivot pin and trouble will result.

I hope this helps clear up any misunderstandings.

R,
Bullseye

kc

hunter mark lll

Post by kc » Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:43 pm

Bullseye I just wanted to say many thanks,I just got my pistol all together
with the mark ll hammer and the mag safe deactivation bushing .I polished all the internals of the gun,and by the way there is a over travel adjustment on the mark lll trigger which I got lucky and set correct the first try.This is the sweetest pistol of all,even my kimber warrior.Again I appreciate all of yall's help.I really have learned alot and enjoy stripping the pistol down.If I can figure out how to post a picture I will. Now I'm just
looking foward to my next mod.This thing just shoots one big hole. :lol:

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:30 pm

That's great news. Now it's time to go out and shoot multiple bricks of ammunition.

R,
Bullseye

kc

Post by kc » Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:12 pm

Last edited by kc on Sun May 17, 2009 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:46 am

You've got a nice little family there. I was admiring the Warrior in the middle.

R,
Bullseye