New Scope for my Ruger...

Discuss .22 pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Medicine Hat
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by Medicine Hat » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:40 pm

That TruGlo looks like it should bring the target right up to you. That big a lense should make target ascuisition pretty easy.
In doing some on-line searching re: my TruGlo vs Mueller, About all I could find was that they are both made in china. The part # on mine is TG 8360 B. I don't know how to post pics on here, but if both were side by side, and the name decal was switched, I couldn't tell them apart.
Anyway, I'm pleased with this one, and I'm sure you are with yours too.
Thats what counts.
Now if I could just find a fix for the arthritis in my hands, I'd have to find another excuse for misses.

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:47 pm

Medicine Hat wrote: Now if I could just find a fix for the arthritis in my hands, I'd have to find another excuse for misses.
Let me see.... Blind in one and can't see out of the other, works for me :P

Since I have aging eyes I always say not to bad for a guy that can't see his sights......

With my shooting buddies I make everyone shoot with out there glasses then we have an somewhat equal handy cap.. :D

but.. The dot takes some of that away.
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911

purchawk

Truglo Doing Well

Post by purchawk » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:34 pm

I picked up a Truglo basic model at Sheel's last spring on a whim and put it on my Mark III in place of a Bushnell Trophy, thinking I'd change back right away. However, the Truglo shoots considerably better for me than the Bushnell, and the dot is rounder and less prone to distortion. I have to beleive it is more accurate also, since I turned in two 99s and a couple of 98s this summer in Bullseye--and my best three high total scores ever, slightly over 550 in 600-point matches. I'd been pining for an Ultradot, but no more
Ruger Mark III (VQ trigger, extractor, and grips)
Ruger 10/22, Green Mtn. barrel, VQ hammer,
Hogue stock
Marlin 982VS .22 mag.
Mossberg 144 (club loaner)
H&R Ultra Varmint Rifle .223
Snub nose S&W Model 10 (M&P) revolver,.38 Special

photoracer18

Post by photoracer18 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:54 am

I've tried lots of red dots and scopes over the last 2 years. Besides no-name clones I have shot ATN, TruGlo, Sightmark, Tasco, Simmons, Millet, Pride-Fowler, Burris, and C-More. When it comes to reliability, brightness, ruggedness, and keeping sighted in there is no substitute for a C-More reflex sight. That is the main reason you see them on most competition shooter's guns at the higher levels. Once I gave up on the cheaper ones and forked out the 2 bills for that it has not left my .22 racegun since. As for the tube red dots the one I have that comes closest to the abilities of the C-more is the Burris SpeedDot 135( $299 list). The Tasco Pro Point is close as are the Millet and the Simmons.
Of the cheaper tube and reflex sights I like the TruGlo dual color. I use a tube type dual color TruGlo on my rimfire comp rifle for short range target events. Green is usually a lot brighter in daylight than red I find.
I find most of the cheaper reflex sight will fail eventually, especially in the area of the battery compartment. I can't count how many of these I've had to fixed for myself and others.

smokey
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by smokey » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:25 am

I have heard good things about the Mueller. How does it do outside in bright sunlight? Does the glare keep you from picking up the dot easily?

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:28 pm

For what little I have shot outdoors it has had more than enough brightness. On my manual settings I only need to go to a 6-7, so there is a reserve. As for glare, I can not comment because I normally shoot in a indoor range.
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911