Sightron red dot scope S33-4R -- on it's way

Discuss .22 pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

wagon

Sightron red dot scope S33-4R -- on it's way

Post by wagon » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:26 am

Couple of weeks ago when I was looking for an used Ultradot, I came across a Sightron S33-4R for a fair price. I did buy the Ultradot and I really like how red dot scope helps my 50-something eyesight .. target acquisition is so much faster and with a clear sight picture. I fall in love immediately.

I like Sightron scopes in general, like a few other companies, the transferable lifetime warranty gives buyer peace of mind.. While I'm unable to uncover much review/feedback on their S33-4R (I know.. it has an odd ball 33mm tube), but I decided to give it a try...

I went ahead and bought the S33-4R ysterday, I plan to try it on the MkIII, on my Mini-14 (580) and my son's CZ 452 Scout... I know I will find it a home anyway :D I will report after it has arrived.

Meantime, here's my MkIII Standard with an Ultradot (Hogue grips are in transit :) )

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:02 pm

Looks like you also went with the Wiegand scope rail too.

R,
Bullseye

wagon

Post by wagon » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:55 pm

Bullseye: yes I did, it is nicely machined and installation is easy. Thanks to all the recommendation from you and other fellow members.

The whole set up did add weight and change the balance of the MkIII but it is expected.

I'll shoot it for a while and determine if I'll go with drill/tap for a reflex sight.. but then again, I may better off buy a replacement bull barrel... it's all good, I like options :D .. just need to feed my piggy bank.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:34 am

The balance may take a little time to get used to but the effects of the new dot sight far outweigh the slight change in the feel of the pistol. Your scope is where most of the change is coming from; the mount itself is very light comparably. As long as everything shoots fine I don't know that I would consider adding a bull barrel that one should perform just fine.

R,
Bullseye

KAZ
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by KAZ » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:38 am

Nice set up! I love the ultra dots, and am also a sightron fan so I'll be looking forward to your review of the S33-4R after you've spent some time with it. Regards
Member Marine Corps League
Life Member National Rifle Association
Life Member Texas State Rifle Association

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:01 pm

Nice setup.

Looking at your setup you do have room to move the scope around to help the balance if needed.
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911