Ruger MKIII pencil/fixed sight: mount option(s)?

Discuss .22 pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:29 am

The rail height between the MGW and the Weigand are pretty much the same.

R,
Bullseye

wagon

Post by wagon » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:02 pm

Baldy wrote:
wagon wrote:Yes I would buy this setup again. That's a Vorquartsen rail, with a TruGlo red dot site. A drop of locktite keeps everything in place. It's very easy to acquire your target with this site. :lol:
It's a VERY nice rail, but too bad I have to look else where.. my STD is not drilled/tapped.
Although I didn't really think through the rail/scope side of things when I commit to buy, I do like the 6" SS STD.. and the price is very reasonable too. having said that, when I buy my next MK, I know it will surely be a BB or slab (d/t becomes a given, too). :D

I gotta go feed the piggy bank more frequently now. :D
Last edited by wagon on Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wagon

Post by wagon » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:06 pm

Bullseye wrote:The rail height between the MGW and the Weigand are pretty much the same.

R,
Bullseye
Tks for the feedback, Bullseye. I will just buy whichever has a good deal to show up first then.

BTW, I saw that Midway has the Weaver rail on sale again.. $20-ish + shipping. Sound like a good deal for those who wants that particular mount.

stewswanson

Mk.3 22/45 std. w/fixed sight- D+T

Post by stewswanson » Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:13 pm

Recently read somewhere that new production Std. models would also be D+T and am posting to confirm this. Last week my wife and I went shopping for a new pistol for her (sold her Sig Mosquito) and looked at a 4.5 inch slab side 22/45 with fixed sights. Initially I thought that this would be a non D+T pistol because of the fixed sight but it was D+T. BTW if you are buying for a woman or child where weight is a consideration this may be a good choice as it's weight is only 30 oz.