Reliable

Discuss .22 pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Reliable

Post by Hakaman » Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:27 pm

I just got back from the range, and shot my Ruger Mlll. I must say, of the three 22lr hgs I own the Ruger is the most reliable. It just ate up 250 rounds of Federal bulk without a single failure. It seems to be the most versatile of the 22 hg's I have seen. I don't have a browning, but I wonder how they compare.
Haka

greener

Post by greener » Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:15 pm

I think you were pretty lucky to get through about half a box of the Fed value pack without having a failure to fire or two. Sometimes I can go through a fairly long run of that ammo without an FTF and sometimes I can't.

I have a Browning Challenger and a Browning Buck Mark Standard. Pretty much the same pistol with some differences in the slide and recoil rod. The first year or so I had the Buck Mark, it shot just about everything, and shot it pretty well. I started having some feed problems I couldn't solve for long. Then I noticed the recoil guide rod was bent. It's been better since I replaced the recoil assembly, but my last trip out it didn't want to feed 40gr SV ammo reliably. The Challenger has a few feed problems.

If you get the ammo into the chamber, both shoot pretty accurately. I think my problems with the Buck Mark is unusual, I don't know if I did anything to create it and I"ve not solved it yet.

Overall Buck Marks are pretty good .22 pistols, but, right now, I prefer Rugers.

SKnight
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by SKnight » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:29 pm

My Mark III has never failed to drop the hammer. Even on misfires the rim is nearly pinched through. I'll sometimes turn the bullet some and send it on it's way!

Most I've gone through in a day is 1000 rounds just seeing how reliable it is.
If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics need work.

bigfatdave
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bigfatdave » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:02 pm

SKnight wrote:Most I've gone through in a day is 1000 rounds just seeing how reliable it is.
Wow, I thought I was hardcore running a whole Fed 550 pack through for reliability testing after some internal part swap-outs.
How many failures in 1k?
I didn't have any that weren't ammo-related in my 550, and if I remember right the few failures went "bang" on a second try that day.

mkIII1022

Post by mkIII1022 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:48 pm

i cant remember the last time i had a failure with the fedral ammo. my mkIII shoots it all. the only time it had a fte was when it was new and unoiled. i removed the lci and never looked back.