CCI Blazer

Discuss .22 pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

keithj
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

CCI Blazer

Post by keithj » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:12 am

A local gun store has CCI Blazers for $36.00 a brick is that a good price or should I look else where also are they consistant enuff for bullseye shooting.....??I know that every gun handles ammo differently .....my chioce of ammo is cci std vel. but cant find it right now.Does the blazer have the consistence required for B.E.??????

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:23 am

Every gun is different when it comes to ammo. You will just need to shoot some to see how your gun likes it.
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Re: CCI Blazer

Post by bearandoldman » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:32 am

keithj wrote:A local gun store has CCI Blazers for $36.00 a brick is that a good price or should I look else where also are they consistant enuff for bullseye shooting.....??I know that every gun handles ammo differently .....my chioce of ammo is cci std vel. but cant find it right now.Does the blazer have the consistence required for B.E.??????
Some guns like it and sme don't, my 10/22T shoots it well but some of my other guns don't. Most any ammo will outshout this operator. The price seems to be a little heavy, most of the Blazer I have bought was around 20 bucks a brick.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

stork
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

cci blazer

Post by stork » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:07 am

Sounds high, but that might be the going rate in your area.

In my locale it is running $18-$20/brick.

The last lot of it I was using actually shot better in my 22's than CCI SV that I normally use for matches. I haven't been able to find it for about a month right now.

FWIW
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” – George Washington

bearandoldman

Re: cci blazer

Post by bearandoldman » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:22 pm

stork wrote:Sounds high, but that might be the going rate in your area.

In my locale it is running $18-$20/brick.

The last lot of it I was using actually shot better in my 22's than CCI SV that I normally use for matches. I haven't been able to find it for about a month right now.

FWIW
Thought that was about what I remembered, seem like the last I bought was $18.00 and tax, here in the Mid Michigan area. I remember a few years ago when I first shot some in my 10/22 T, damn near fell over Chan it shot that well, better than CCISV for sure. Some guns are particular and others shoot most everything well. Was at the range yesterday shooting an old Nylon 66 that I bought recently, well I just needed one, and it shot Remington subsonic well. A few of my guns do right well with it and no feed or extract problems either. The Nylon 66 should shoot well with Remington ammo, eh?
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

flyfishtom

Price

Post by flyfishtom » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:28 pm

That price is silly high. I just bought 10 bricks for $200.00 and change. Google will help you find it for about $19.00 a brick. Blazer is my practice ammo and I use Mini Mags for matches.

Ripsaw
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Ripsaw » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:11 pm

It is about $17 a brick when available. Currently unavailable at Fleet Farm.
It is my "go to" ammo as CCI Standard Velocity is difficult to get and quite spendy.

I have tried several of the mid grade Eley ammo varieties some time back as well as Wolf. CCI Standard Velocity shot as well for less money. Blazer not as well but availability of funds call for economy right now.

This is in a Mk II 678G

Ripsaw
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

William Pitt